If you were harmed in a car accident while riding in a rideshare vehicle, or if a rideshare vehicle struck your car, you deserve compensation for your injuries. Medical bills are often high, and time off from work makes it difficult to pay them or handle your living expenses.
A Clermont Uber accident lawyer at Bogin, Munns & Munns can assist you in seeking damages. Our law firm provides free consultations to injury victims. We’d be happy to discuss your rights and answer all your questions.
A Dedicated, Full-Service Law Firm Helping Uber Accident Victims in Clermont, Florida
Bogin, Munns & Munns is a full-service personal injury law firm providing dedicated legal assistance to the Central Florida community. We’ve handled thousands of car accident cases, including ridesharing accidents.
Our Clermont Uber accident attorneys understand the nuanced no-fault insurance and transportation network company (TNC) laws that may affect your compensation recovery after a ridesharing accident. We’ll do everything in our power to ensure you receive fair compensation for any injuries or losses you’ve suffered.
Working with our Clermont Uber accident attorneys offers many advantages, such as:
- 40+ years of legal experience
- 12 office locations in Central Florida, including one in Clermont
- Legal help based on the principles of dignity, respect, integrity, and fairness
- Personable service that makes every client feel like family
- Free consultations for injury victims
- A no-win, no-fee arrangement, ensuring you pay us nothing in legal fees unless we win compensation in your Uber accident case
To consult with an experienced uber accident lawyer serving Clermont, call 855-780-9986
Liability in an Uber Accident Claim
Because Florida is a no-fault insurance state, you will generally turn to your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance first to cover your medical bills after an accident, regardless of fault. However, if your PIP policy does not cover all your damages, you may be able to seek additional compensation from the at-fault party in the Uber crash.
Liability for Uber accidents is complex due to the multiple parties involved, ridesharing laws, and financial responsibility laws in Florida. If you are a driver, passenger, or third-party victim injured in a crash, we do not recommend seeking recovery alone. A Clermont accident lawyer at our firm can assist you in determining who is liable for your damages, building a case, and filing your claim or lawsuit.
Depending on your case, you may be able to recover damages from the following insurance policies:
- Uber’s third-party liability insurance policy
- The Uber driver’s insurance policy
- A third party’s vehicle bodily liability insurance policy
- Your PIP insurance or PIP from a relative/household member
- Your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
Clermont Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Recovering Compensation from an Uber Insurance Policy
How you recover compensation after an Uber accident depends on who caused the crash, their insurance, and the Uber driver’s status at the time.
Understanding how Uber’s third-party liability insurance works for drivers and injury victims is important. Which insurance policy applies depends on the driver’s status at the time of the crash.
- If the driver is offline and off duty, meaning they are not working for Uber at the time of the crash, their personal insurance must pay for any damages.
- If the driver is logged into the app and waiting for ride requests, Uber provides third-party liability insurance to cover any victims of an accident caused by the driver. However, the driver’s personal insurance may also apply in this circumstance.
- If the driver is en route to a passenger or carrying a passenger, Uber maintains a $1 million insurance policy for third-party liability.
Click to contact our Clermont Uber Accident Lawyers today
Available Compensation After a Clermont Uber Accident
The compensation available to you in a Clermont Uber accident depends on the losses you suffered. Generally speaking, Florida car accident victims can recover damages for both economic and non-economic losses.
Economic losses refer to expenses you have incurred due to the Uber accident. These expenses can result from the crash itself, such as medical treatment, or indirect results, such as an inability to work. Economic losses have an inherent monetary value.
By contrast, non-economic losses refer to the non-financial harm you sustained due to the Uber car accident. These losses are physical or emotional and therefore have no intrinsic financial value. Nonetheless, they are compensable in Florida under certain circumstances.
Recoverable Economic Damages After a Clermont Uber Crash
Your Clermont Uber accident attorney can help you seek economic damages such as:
- Current and future medical treatment and hospital bills
- Physical therapy sessions
- Chiropractic services
- Occupational therapy
- Third-party help for household services (laundry, mowing the lawn, pool care, etc.)
- Vehicle or property damage
Recoverable Non-Economic Damages in a Clermont Uber Accident
Injuries to your physical and emotional state often impact your life more than financial losses. For example, a spinal cord injury may affect your life and relationships long after you’ve completed treatment or paid off the initial medical bills.
Your Clermont Uber accident attorney can ensure you request compensation for all your losses—not just the ones with an obvious dollar amount. You may be able to recover the following damages:
- Emotional distress, such as grief, depression, insomnia, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Catastrophic injury (brain injury, loss of limbs, spinal cord damage, etc.)
- Lost eyesight or hearing
- Scars or disfigurement
- Reduced quality of life
- Reduced enjoyment of activities
Your Uber accident lawyer in Clermont will work with experts to assign appropriate value to your pain and suffering. Our goal is to obtain the compensation you need to comfortably recover from your injuries and navigate a temporary or permanent new normal.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Don’t Delay in Contacting Bogin, Munns & Munns for a Clermont Uber Accident Lawyer
Per Florida Statutes § 95.11, injury victims generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit following an accident. This also applies to anyone filing a lawsuit for a wrongful death. This timeframe will pass before you know it, especially if you are recovering from injuries or dealing with the loss of a loved one. Constructing a strong case takes time and resources, so we encourage you to act swiftly.
A Clermont Uber accident lawyer at our firm can help you fight for the money you need and deserve for your injuries and losses. You are welcome at our firm, and we want you to know you are not alone. Contact us today for a free consultation.