If your underage child now faces criminal charges, their entire future could be at stake. At Bogin, Munns & Munns, our Clermont juvenile crime lawyer works closely with defendants to understand the charges they face and pursue the best possible outcome.
Our goal is to mitigate the damage of your child’s arrest, keep their case in the juvenile court system, and fight hard to protect their future. If you have questions about your child’s case, we encourage you to connect with our team or check out our frequently-asked questions page.
We Advocate for Juveniles Charged with These Crimes
The Clermont Police Department takes juvenile offenses seriously and works hard to prevent these crimes. In its 2020 Annual Report, the police department outlines many of the measures it implements to deter youth offenses.
Our team advocates for juvenile defendants facing these charges:
- Disorderly conduct
- Alcohol possession
- Underage drinking
- Possession of marijuana
We also advocate for defendants facing serious criminal charges, such as attempted murder. These cases require the utmost tact; based on the crime’s severity, the case could move to adult court. This can mean your child could face harsh penalties and lengthy periods of incarceration. It can also mean they will eventually be housed with adult offenders, threatening their safety while serving time.
We Fight Hard to Keep Your Child’s Case in Juvenile Court
When a young person is arrested in Clermont, their case generally goes through the juvenile justice system. Less harsh than the adult justice system, the juvenile justice system’s focus is to rehabilitate young offenders and provide opportunities to start over with a brighter future.
Our team fights hard to keep your child’s case in the juvenile system by:
- Documenting your child’s age
- Proving their best interests are served within the juvenile system
- Proving their alleged criminal offense fits the parameters of the juvenile system
- Demonstrating their lack of a criminal record (if applicable)
- Using character witnesses’ testimony
We also work with the state to negotiate plea deals that can lead to reduced charges and lighter sentences.
To consult with an experienced juvenile crimes lawyer serving Clermont, call 855-780-9986
What You Need to Know About the Juvenile Justice Process in Florida
Detaining a juvenile in the state of Florida is detailed and complex. According to Florida Department of Juvenile Justice guidelines, many phases of the juvenile system depend on the outcomes and decisions made in previous phases.
The process typically includes:
- Contact with law enforcement — This will result in either a civil citation or your child being taken into custody.
- Detention Risk Assessment Instrument (DRAI) — This step will determine the appropriate placement for your son or daughter after their arrest. They may await trial at home or be assigned to a detention center.
- Between custody and DRAI assessment, your child may:
- Be admitted to a diversion program
- Have their case sent to adult court
- Participate in the Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative (JDAI) program
Many additional steps can follow these actions. Your child may have the opportunity to benefit from the Youth Empowered Success (YES) Plan. This is the tool administrators and officials use to organize and manage juvenile cases in Clermont.
Our juvenile crime team will explain when your child’s case might be dropped, adjudicated, or have adjudication withheld. We will also explain which juvenile detention centers may play a role in your child’s case, as well as the rights and responsibilities your child could have while in the facility.
Clermont Juvenile Crimes Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
What You Need to Know About Our Client-Focused Law Firm
When our juvenile criminal defense team goes to work on your child’s case, we do everything possible to ensure their future. To prepare the most effective case possible for your son or daughter, we will:
- Clarify the allegations against your child
- Collect, organize, and present evidence
- Fight to keep their case in juvenile court
- Build a strong defense plan
- Support your family throughout the case
- Handle all case-related communications
- Determine whether their arrest was handled in good faith
- Analyze the evidence against them
When your family’s priority is protecting your child, it becomes a priority for our entire team. Our juvenile crime lawyer serving families in Clermont will never stop fighting for your family’s best interests.
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we know how important it is to protect your child’s rights both now and in the future. We’re ready to start pursuing the best possible outcome today.
Click to contact our Clermont Juvenile Crime Lawyers today
Read More About Working with Our Criminal Defense Team
When a juvenile faces a criminal case, the arrest’s aftermath affects the entire family. We know this through our experiences working with defendants and their families. Previously, some satisfied clients have shared these details about our criminal defense attorney:
- Justin Gaudi…My daughter was wrongly arrested at school, and I was in a panic…I didn’t know what to do. I called Bogin, Munns & Munns and was…put in contact with Matthew Boomershine. He was on the case immediately and got her out that night…I recommend Matt to everyone.
- Jack Mackin: Matt was able to patiently explain each process, our options and compassionately provided options. We are very pleased with Matt’s responsiveness and performance. If the need arises, we’ll turn to Matt again. I highly recommend Matt Boomershine and Bogin, Munns & Munns.
Our criminal defense team listens to the details of your child’s case with compassion and understanding. When we handle their case, we will advocate for them as though we are advocating for our own children.
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
Review Your Juvenile Crimes Case Today
If your son or daughter is facing criminal charges in Clermont, our juvenile crime lawyer can review their case and build a solid defense plan. We can negotiate plea agreements that minimize possible sentences and other penalties. When you are ready to explore your child’s legal options, our law firm is ready to help.
Contact one of our juvenile criminal defense team members at Bogin, Munns & Munns to start fighting for your child’s future today.
Call or text 855-780-9986 or complete our Request a Consultation form