If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a car accident involving an Uber or another rideshare vehicle, Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you seek compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and more. Our St. Cloud Uber accident lawyers can handle your insurance claims or personal injury lawsuit while you turn your attention to what’s most important – your health and your family.
Bogin, Munns & Munns Has Over 40 Years of Legal Experience
Bogin, Munns & Munns has fought for the rights of personal injury clients since 1979. And, with more than 40 attorneys on staff, we are sure to match you with a car accident lawyer who is right for you and your case.
Whether you suffered injuries while riding in an Uber or your accident involved a collision between your vehicle and an Uber driver, we can help. We will explore every option for recovering your losses and manage the details of your case so you can focus on getting back on your feet. Our St. Cloud Uber accident lawyers can:
- File claims under your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance and determine if you hold other applicable policies, such as comprehensive or collision coverage
- File insurance claims against the Uber driver’s available policies
- Determine if there are any liable third parties
- Collect evidence, consult with witnesses, and work with subject matter experts to prove negligence and establish fault
- Identify and calculate your losses
- Negotiate to secure the maximum compensation possible
- Communicate with involved parties and represent you during meetings and appearances
- Take your case to trial if necessary
We Take Car Accident Cases on Contingency
We know the time following a car accident can be stressful and challenging, so we strive to make seeking compensation as easy as possible for you and your loved ones. We charge injury clients nothing up front or out of pocket, so our services will not add to your financial burden. Instead, our fees come from your successful settlement or verdict, and we do not get paid unless we win your case.
Additionally, our attorneys get results. Our team includes members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – prestigious organizations open only to lawyers who have achieved million-dollar-plus settlements or verdicts.
We Can Act Before Time Runs Out
Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) allows four years to sue for personal injury and two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If you do not pursue your insurance claims or take legal action before the statute of limitations expires, you may not be able to recover your losses. Our attorneys can help you seek damages before time runs out.
To consult with an experienced uber accident lawyer serving St. Cloud, call 855-686-6752
Our Injury Lawyers Will Pursue Your Uber Accident Damages in St. Cloud
If your Uber accident resulted in severe injuries or significant medical bills and other damages, you can pursue compensation from the liable party. According to Florida Statutes § 768.81, personal injury damages may include:
Our St. Cloud Uber accident lawyers can pursue economic compensation for out-of-pocket expenses caused by your crash, including:
- Ambulance transportation and emergency room fees
- Doctor and hospital bills
- Medical procedures
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Prescription drugs, mobility aids, and medical equipment
- Long-term nursing services and lifecare costs
- Lost wages, tips, bonuses, benefits, and earnings
- Loss of future earnings/lost earning capacity
- Vehicle and personal property damages
- Household services
Non-economic compensation refers to financial recovery for physical pain, mental anguish, and emotional suffering. We can pursue non-economic compensation for:
- Permanent and disabling injuries
- Severe and chronic pain
- Loss of mobility or paralysis
- Loss of cognitive abilities
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduced quality of life
Wrongful Death Awards
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reports that more than 60 traffic accident fatalities occurred in Osceola County in 2022. If your loved one died because of injuries in a St. Cloud Uber accident, you may qualify for wrongful death compensation. Awards may include:
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income (including future income the deceased would have earned had they lived)
- Lost support and services
- Lost parental guidance
- Lost companionship and protection
- Surviving family members’ mental pain and suffering
St. Cloud Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
St. Cloud Uber Driver Insurance Requirements
Like all Florida motorists, Uber drivers must carry PIP and property damage liability (PDL) insurance. When a driver is not working (i.e., the Uber app is off), their private insurance applies in case of an accident.
However, when a transportation network company (TNC) driver is working, Florida Statutes § 627.748 requires the following insurance coverage:
- When the driver is logged into the Uber app but not yet engaged in a ride:
- $50,000 for bodily injury or death per person/$100,000 per accident
$25,000 in property damage liability
- When the driver is en route to a ride or transporting passengers:
- $1 million in third-party liability coverage for bodily injury, death, or property damages
According to Uber, the above coverage also applies to Uber Eats and Uber delivery drivers. Our St. Cloud Uber accident lawyers can help you pursue a fair settlement from the at-fault driver’s applicable insurance. We can also assist with a lawsuit against the driver if necessary. However, it is difficult to sue Uber for its drivers’ negligent actions because the TNC considers drivers independent contractors, not employees.
Other Liable Parties
If your Uber accident was the fault of another motorist (not the Uber driver), we can pursue compensation through their insurance coverage or take legal action to recover your losses. We can also seek compensation from a government agency, private roadway owner, or vehicle manufacturer if negligent road maintenance or defective vehicle or auto parts contributed to your collision.
Click to contact our St. Cloud Uber Accident Lawyers today
Reach Out to Bogin, Munns & Munns Today
Bogin, Munns & Munns is a full-service law firm dedicated to helping clients across central Florida seek justice. If you or your loved one suffered injuries in an auto accident involving a rideshare vehicle, contact us today to get started on your case with a free consultation. A team member is available 24/7 to take your call, answer your questions, and connect you with a St. Cloud Uber accident lawyer. Hablamos Espanol.