Knowing what to do after an Orange City timeshare vacation accident can be confusing, especially if you live out of state or in another part of Florida. An Orange City premises liability lawyer with Bogin, Munns & Munns could help you understand your rights and act if you or a loved one suffered injuries due to negligent property conditions.
Our team can assist with an insurance claim or lawsuit to hold the timeshare company or property owner financially responsible for your damages. We can be your “boots on the ground,” fighting for you locally and helping you understand Florida’s insurance, personal injury, and timeshare laws.
Compensation for an Orange City Timeshare Premises Liability Accident
If you suffered an injury caused by negligent or dangerous property conditions, our personal injury lawyers could help you pursue damages with a premises liability claim or lawsuit. Compensation may include the following:
- Ambulance transportation
- Emergency department treatment
- Hospital stays
- Doctor’s visits
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Medical equipment
- Long-term nursing
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Personal property damage
- Rental car or rideshare charges
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Wrongful death
To consult with an experienced timeshare premises liability lawyer serving Orange City, call 855-780-9986
Your Premises Liability Lawyer Must Have a Florida License
Florida Statutes § 48.193 establishes jurisdiction over anyone committing a “tortious act” in the state—regardless of whether they are a Florida resident. This statute allows you to file your premises liability case in Florida’s courts. In addition, any lawyer you hire must be licensed to practice in Florida, even if you live elsewhere.
Our lawyers could handle your insurance claims or lawsuits if you suffered injuries at a timeshare or “vacation club” property in Orange City, the Deltona-Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach metropolitan area, or Volusia County. We can assist with damages arising from the following incidents:
- Slip and falls
- Balcony or deck collapses
- Swimming pool accidents
- Negligent security
- Dog bites
- Falling tree limbs
- Escalator and elevator accidents
- Stairway accidents
How Can Our Firm Help With Your Case?
Bogin, Munns & Munns has fought for the rights of the injured in Central Florida for over 40 years. While some firms have come and gone, we remain because our team stands for integrity, fairness, dignity, and respect. With more than 40 attorneys on staff, we have someone who can help you navigate the complexities of your unique legal issue.
Our timeshare accident lawyers will do the work needed to get the economic justice you deserve, including the following:
- Conduct a local investigation. We can act quickly to investigate your accident and collect evidence from the timeshare property and local entities. For instance, we will visit the property, take photographs, collect surveillance videos, interview eyewitnesses, and obtain relevant documents, including police reports, incident reports from the timeshare company, and medical records.
- Negotiate for full and fair compensation. Our attorneys will handle communications involving insurance companies and opposing counsel, including reviewing settlement offers and negotiating for the maximum compensation possible . We will protect your rights, advocate for your best interests, and defend you from bad-faith tactics throughout the process.
- Take legal action. If necessary, we can prepare and file a lawsuit with the Volusia County court clerk. We must do so before the two-year statute of limitations established by Florida Statutes § 95.11 expires for personal injury or wrongful death lawsuits.
Our team will keep you informed via regular updates and open lines of attorney-client communication throughout the process. In addition, we make our services affordable and accessible, taking personal injury cases on contingency. We will not charge you upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Instead, we only get paid if we win compensation for you.
Orange City Timeshare Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Who Is Responsible for Property Conditions at a Timeshare?
Determining responsibility for a timeshare accident can become tricky. A timeshare company may manage a property, but those who contract with it “own” the premises. In addition, particular conditions of the timeshare agreement, the involved parties’ insurance policies, and whether you rented the property directly from a timeshare company or a lessee can all affect your case.
Our lawyers can establish liability for your timeshare accident injury and pursue compensation from everyone at fault. If necessary, we can manage multiple claims against multiple parties.
Common Property Hazards and Dangers
The following conditions or actions may constitute negligence in a timeshare premises liability case:
- Cracked or broken flooring
- Water leaks
- Slippery surfaces
- Lack of fencing around pools and hot tubs
- Inadequate lighting in and around the premises
- Potholes and cracked sidewalks
- Failure to equip the property with smoke alarms and fire extinguishers
- Broken locks or security systems
- Loose or broken stairs
- Failure to install hand railings
- Electrical issues (e.g., faulty or aging wiring and exposed outlets)
- General lack of property/grounds maintenance
- Neglecting to post warnings regarding known hazards
- Failure to obey municipal, county, or state building and safety codes
Click to contact our Orange City Timeshare Premises Liability Lawyers today
Protecting Your Timeshare Premises Liability Claim
If you suffered injuries at your vacation rental property, you should take these immediate steps to protect your right to compensation:
- Document the property condition that caused your injury. Photograph the negligent condition or hazard that caused your timeshare accident. In addition, take pictures of your injuries.
- Report your accident to the timeshare company, owner, or other involved entities. Ask them to make a written report and obtain a copy if possible.
- Seek medical treatment. Doing so will ensure you do not have undiscovered or worsening injuries. It also creates a medical record for your case. Finally, follow your doctor’s orders and do not miss future appointments.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns for a Free Consultation
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns today for a risk-free, no-cost consultation. A team member is available 24/7 to answer your questions and tell you more about how our team can help you seek compensation for your Orange City, FL, timeshare premises liability accident.