If you suffered injuries in an out of state car accident in Orange City, FL, Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you with an auto insurance claim or take legal action to recover your damages.
Our firm has over 40 years of experience serving personal injury clients in Central Florida. Our Orange City car accident lawyers will use their skills and knowledge to secure financial compensation for you and your family. We offer free consultations and comprehensive legal services to meet your accident-related needs.
How Your Auto Insurance Policy Covers Out of State Collisions in Orange City, FL
Auto insurance will likely be a factor in your out of state car accident case. This is true whether you suffered injuries in an accident in Orange City with an out of state driver or are a Florida resident who sustained injuries in a crash while away from home.
In general, your auto insurance policy follows you wherever you go. Because Florida is a no-fault insurance state, residents must first turn to their personal injury protection (PIP) insurance policy for compensation after an accident, no matter who caused the collision. Drivers usually cannot pursue damages from a liable party until they exhaust their PIP coverage. These rules apply whether your crash happened in or out of state.
If you are not a Florida resident but live in another no-fault state, you must also seek damages from your PIP. If you come from a fault state and do not have this type of insurance, you can pursue awards from an at-fault party with a liability insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Any liability coverage you carry will pay for damages you cause in or out of state.
To consult with an experienced out of state car accident lawyer serving Orange City, call 855-780-9986
Our Attorneys Can Determine Which Jurisdiction Applies to an Orange City Out of State Car Accident Lawsuit
You can pursue compensation from a liable driver if they caused your Orange City out of state car accident. Our car accident lawyers can file a claim against their auto liability insurance policy, or, if necessary, we can take legal action to secure fair compensation.
Jurisdiction for car accident lawsuits usually rests with the state where the crash occurred. However, if your collision involved an out of state truck or commercial motor vehicle (CMV), we may be able to pursue your case in the state where the driver’s employer does business.
Florida’s Car Wreck Statute of Limitations
Every state has a statute of limitations for recovering car accident compensation. In Florida, you generally have two years to sue for personal injury, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(a). If your loved one was in a fatal collision, you also have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
No matter where your accident occurred, the court will likely dismiss your case if the state’s statute of limitations runs out before you take legal action. In addition, if you do not resolve your insurance claims before the deadline expires, no longer having the option to sue will significantly reduce your bargaining power.
We can help you get started right away after an out of state car accident and take immediate steps to protect your right to compensation. This includes initiating an investigation before important evidence gets lost or deteriorates.
Orange City Out of State Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Recoverable Damages in an Out of State Car Accident in Orange City, FL
In general, a fair settlement for a car accident may cover the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Medical expenses. We can seek to recover the cost of your medical treatment, including ambulance transportation, emergency department services, surgeries, hospital stays, physical therapy and rehabilitation, and long–term nursing.
- Lost income. Our lawyers can pursue back pay and lost employment benefits from time missed at work due to your injuries and recovery.
- Lost earning capacity. We can seek awards for your lost/reduced earning potential if you must change jobs, work fewer hours, or leave the workforce because of a permanent or disabling car accident injury.
- Vehicle damage. We can recover the cost of vehicle repairs or seek compensation for your car’s fair market value if it is totaled.
- Pain and suffering. We can seek compensation for physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, mental anguish, inconvenience, and diminished quality of life.
- Wrongful death. If your loved one suffered a fatal injury in Orange City, our wrongful death attorneys can assist with recovering damages on behalf of their estate and surviving family members.
Click to contact our Orange City Out of State Car Accident Lawyers today
Our Injury Attorneys Lead Your Orange City Car Accident Case While You Heal
If your car accident happened in the Orange City area, you can work with a Central Florida attorney, even if you live out of state. In addition, our law firm can advise Florida residents who get into out of state accidents or help with collisions involving out of state drivers. We can take care of the following during the legal process:
- Investigate your accident to determine the cause and who is liable
- Collect evidence, including police reports, medical records, and eyewitness and expert testimony
- Build a solid case demonstrating that a negligent party owes you compensatory damages for the pocket costs you paid or are expected to pay
- Identify and calculate your damages
- Prove your eligibility to step outside a no-fault insurance system (if applicable)
- File your PIP or liability insurance claims
- Handle all case-related communications and negotiate for the maximum compensation possible
- Identify the appropriate jurisdiction and pursue a lawsuit if necessary (we will let you know if your case has to go to court after your Florida car accident)
We Take Personal Injury Cases on Contingency
We aim to make our legal services affordable by serving personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis. Our payment comes from your successful settlement or verdict, not out-of-pocket. If we do not obtain compensation for you, you owe us nothing.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Traffic Accidents in Orange City, FL
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), more than 9,600 motor vehicle accidents occurred in Volusia County, FL, in 2022. These collisions resulted in 6,860 injuries and 100-plus fatalities.
If you or your loved one were hurt in a crash in Orange City or anywhere else in the Deltona–Daytona Beach–Ormond Beach metropolitan area, our car accident attorneys can help, even if you are from out of state. We assist with cases involving the following:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Drunk driving crashes
- Hit and run accidents
- Uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Rideshare collisions
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns After an Out of State Collision in Orange City, FL
Call Bogin, Munns & Munns today for a free consultation and learn more about how our Orange City, FL, injury lawyers can help with your out of state car accident.
We will hold the responsible party accountable for reckless driving that caused your losses and file your case within the applicable time period. Our auto accident attorneys are ready to review your case. Contact us today.