Being struck by an out of state motorist or getting into an accident while out of state can complicate the post-accident financial recovery process. You should still get fair compensation through an insurance claim or lawsuit. Allow a Gainesville out of state car accident lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns to fight for your settlement or judgment.
Our Gainesville car accident attorneys understand the nuances of dealing with insurance policies from other states. We’re ready to complete your claim or lawsuit, allowing you to move forward after a complex car accident.
We Help Visitors From Out of State Who Experience Car Accidents in Gainesville
If you were in a car accident in Gainesville and you do not live in Florida, Bogin, Munns & Munns may be able to resolve your case. We understand which insurance rules take precedence when a Florida resident (or even another person who lives in another state) strikes your vehicle. Our knowledge of local insurance rules, courts, and laws may prove a credit to your case.
We Also Assist Floridians Struck by Visiting Motorists in Gainesville
If a motorist from another state struck you, a Florida resident, our team is ready to sort out your claim. We’ll explain the ramifications of your accident and fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
Lastly, We Represent Gainesville Residents Who Are in Out of State Accidents
In some cases, an attorney licensed to practice in Florida may represent a client involved in another state. This may generally be permitted when the accident happens in a neighboring state—Georgia or Alabama, for example.
However, the laws regarding representation in out of state accidents are complicated. You should speak with our team about whether we can represent you. We’ll provide a quick, uncomplicated answer.
If we can represent you, you may benefit from our deep understanding of Florida-specific insurance laws and how they apply to out of state accidents. Bogin, Munns & Munns has an office in Gainesville, and we proudly serve Gainesville residents facing the headache of an out of state accident.
To consult with an experienced out of state car accident lawyer serving Gainesville, call 855-780-9986
Our Team Understands How Insurance Coverage Works When Motorists Have Policies from Different States
Florida’s insurance-specific laws are different from many other states. For example, Florida requires motorists to purchase no-fault insurance coverage. These coverages pay for the accident victim’s losses regardless of who caused the accident.
In many other states (called fault or tort states), only the at-fault motorist’s insurer pays for accident-related losses. The only exception is if a motorist has purchased additional coverage, like uninsured and underinsured (UM/UIM) coverage.
So, what happens when a motorist from Georgia (a fault state) strikes a motorist from Florida (a no-fault state)?
What to Know About Insurance and Out of State Accidents
While it is difficult to accurately generalize about the issue of auto insurance, it’s generally true that:
- The state where your accident takes place will settle the issue of no-fault versus fault insurance (so, if your accident happens in Georgia, insurers will generally require the at-fault motorist’s insurer to cover your losses)
- Different states have different minimum insurance coverages—you are generally entitled to the higher minimum coverage limit between your state and the state where your accident happened
You can review Florida’s minimum coverage limits provided by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). Your car accident lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns is familiar with insurance rules in Florida and every other state we’re licensed to handle car accident claims.
Gainesville Out of State Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Reasons to Hire a Gainesville Out of State Car Accident Lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns
Whether you call Gainesville home, hail from another region of Florida, or suffered an accident while visiting the Sunshine State, you may choose Bogin, Munns & Munns as your attorneys because:
- We’ve built a reputation for legal excellence since 1979.
- We have more than 40 dedicated attorneys on staff.
- Our office in Gainesville allows reliable, in-person representation.
- We’ll provide total financial support for your case.
- We’ll take your case to court if necessary.
Critically, we are professionals regarding insurance matters in personal injury cases. From understanding local and out-of-state rules to getting fair financial recoveries, your auto accident case in Gainesville will be right in our wheelhouse.
Click to contact our Gainesville Out of State Car Accident Lawyers today
How Our Auto Accident Team Serving Gainesville Will Fight for Your Financial Recovery
Our legal team will serve you by:
- Obtaining evidence: We will gather evidence that could benefit your case. Some evidence is time-sensitive, so we don’t delay after accepting your case.
- Documenting damages: We will secure documentation illustrating every harm your car accident has caused you. We rely on experts to assess the nature and cost of future damages.
- Assessing your settlement value: We consider economic and non-economic damages when determining your settlement value.
- Leading negotiations: While we show you the utmost compassion, we take a stern, relentless approach when negotiating for your compensation.
- Completing a trial: Although not every car accident case goes to trial, we prepare every case as if it will go to court. If it makes sense to take your case to trial, we will do it.
We are a full-service law firm with a team that can lead your case. Our Gainesville out of state car accident is ready to hear from you.
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Potentially Recoverable Damages in a Gainesville Out of State Car Accident Case
Each auto accident produces various damages. In non-fatal accident cases, recoverable damages may include:
- Medical expenses
- Professional damages (including lost income)
- Vehicle repairs
- Replacement of a totaled vehicle
- Rehabilitation-related expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental health treatment
In fatal accident cases, additional damages may include:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Lost financial support
- Loss of household services
- Grief counseling and similar treatments
Please accept our condolences if you’re mourning a loved one’s loss. Bogin, Munns & Munns’ wrongful death lawyer will do everything possible to get justice, and we’ll handle your case with the utmost integrity and compassion.
Call Bogin, Munns & Munns Today for a Free Consultation About Your Car Accident Case in Gainesville
Do not wait to contact our car accident team in Gainesville about pursuing an insurance claim or lawsuit. Florida Statutes § 95.11 generally limits our time to file your case. If we must take legal action in another state, we may face a deadline.
Call Bogin, Munns & Munns today for a free consultation about your out of state car accident case.