Accidents can happen at any time, anywhere – even on vacation. If you suffered an injury due to dangerous conditions at a timeshare property in Ocala, FL, you can seek financial damages from the responsible party.
An Ocala premises liability lawyer with Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you with a personal injury claim or lawsuit in Central Florida, even if you live out of state. Your Ocala timeshare premises liability lawyer will investigate your timeshare accident and establish your right to recover compensation, so you can rest and recover from your injuries.
Compensation for Timeshare Premises Liability Injuries in Ocala
Premises liability is a branch of personal injury law that allows victims to seek compensation for harm caused by negligent or dangerous property conditions. If you were in an accident at an Ocala, Florida timeshare, we can help you fight to hold the property owner or manager financially accountable for the issue that caused your injuries.
In general, our Ocala personal injury attorneys can help you seek compensation for the following economic and non-economic damages:
- Current and future medical bills, including emergency services, hospital stays, medical procedures, physical therapy, medications, medical equipment, and long-term nursing care
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Loss of your future earning potential if you must change jobs, reduce your hours, or leave the workforce due to injury
- Travel expenses incurred because of your accident
- Physical pain, emotional suffering, and mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one, including medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, lost income, and loss of the deceased’s support, services, and companionship
How Long Do You Have to Pursue Personal Injury Damages?
Florida does not give injury victims unlimited time to seek compensation. According to HB 837/SB 236, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. If your loved one suffered a fatal injury, you have two years to sue for wrongful death under Florida Statutes § 95.11.
Our Ocala timeshare premises liability lawyers may be able to resolve your case with a claim against the property owner’s insurance policy. However, the statute of limitations will still affect your case even if you do not file a lawsuit. If the deadline passes and you can no longer take legal action, it will significantly reduce your bargaining power.
Our legal team can start working on your case as soon as you reach out. Acting quickly allows us time to collect evidence and obtain eyewitness accounts of your accident while the information remains fresh and available. It gives us the maximum time to build your case and work through negotiations.
To consult with an experienced timeshare premises liability lawyer serving Ocala, call 855-780-9986
Who Is Financially Liable for Injuries at an Ocala Timeshare?
Determining liability for a timeshare accident can be complex and will vary based on the property owner’s timeshare agreement. Responsible parties may include:
- The timeshare company. Timeshare companies develop or acquire vacation properties and sell a share of the ownership to individuals who get an allotted amount of time to use the premises each year. Owners often pay a maintenance fee to the timeshare company, which is then responsible for ensuring the property’s upkeep. The timeshare agreement may also contain language outlining who is financially responsible for injuries occurring on the property.
- A timeshare owner or lessee. The owner or lessee of a timeshare may be liable for injuries if their timeshare agreement states they are accountable for accidents on the property. The owner may also be responsible if their stake is in a “deeded” timeshare.
Our Ocala timeshare premises liability attorneys can review the timeshare agreement and identify who is legally liable for accidents on the property. We will then pursue a personal injury claim or lawsuit against all who may owe you damages.
Ocala Timeshare Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Our Ocala Personal Injury Attorneys Will Construct and Manage Your Premises Liability Case
According to Florida Statutes § 48.193, Florida’s courts have jurisdiction over anyone who commits a wrongful act in the state. This means if your timeshare premises liability injury happened in Ocala, any lawyer you hire must have a license to practice in Florida, even if you live elsewhere.
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, our personal injury law firm has been fighting for injury victims across Central Florida for over 40 years. We have extensive knowledge of the local legal system and what it takes to prove a premises liability case according to state laws. When you work with us, our legal team can:
- Visit the timeshare to take photographs and collect physical evidence
- Obtain copies of police reports or official incident reports detailing your accident
- Find and view surveillance video of the accident, if available
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses
- Review the timeshare owner’s agreement and applicable insurance policies
- Identify liable parties
- Review and calculate your damages
- Draft and file insurance and legal paperwork
- Handle case-related phone calls, texts, emails, and meetings
- Aggressively negotiate for fair compensation
- Prepare your case for civil court and represent you at trial, if necessary
Click to contact our Ocala Timeshare Premises Liability Lawyers today
Common Premises Liability Incidents
Tourists flock to Ocala, Florida to enjoy attractions like the World Equestrian Center, Ocala National Forest, and Silver Springs State Park. These visitors need accommodations, and many stay in resorts, rental houses, condos, and other properties owned by timeshare companies.
If you suffered injuries at a vacation property in the Ocala metropolitan area, our Ocala timeshare attorneys can help you seek financial justice. Our premises liability lawyers assist with cases involving the following:
- Slip and falls
- Swimming pool accidents
- Sidewalk and parking lot accidents
- Fire and burn injuries
- Stairway accidents
- Escalator and elevator accidents
- Balcony and deck collapses
- Negligent security
- Negligent grounds maintenance
- Electrical accidents
- Dog bites
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns About Your Ocala Timeshare Accident
You should not have to suffer financial hardships from an accident caused by dangerous conditions on a timeshare property. Our Ocala timeshare premises liability lawyers will work tirelessly to ensure the responsible property owner pays for your damages.
Contact us to request a free initial consultation. Our personal injury attorneys work with clients on a contingency-fee basis, meaning our services will cost you nothing upfront or out of pocket. We can assist you if you live in Florida or out of state. A team member is available 24/7 to help you get started.