Orange City Family-Based Visa Lawyer

Orange City Family-Based Visa Lawyer
family, visa, visas, immigration, children, citizens, munns, orange, united, states

Navigating the complex landscape of family-based visa applications can be a daunting task, but with the guidance of Bogin, Munns & Munns, families in Orange City have a trusted partner on their journey towards reuniting with their loved ones. Our immigration law in Orange City understands the nuanced requirements of U.S. immigration law, ensuring that families are supported every step of the way with compassionate and comprehensive legal advice.

At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we believe in the power of family and the importance of keeping loved ones together. Our Orange City family-based visa lawyers are dedicated to providing personalized attention to each case, employing strategic approaches to navigate the intricacies of immigration procedures. Whether it’s adjustment of status, consular processing, or navigating the complexities of the Immigration and Nationality Act, our team stands ready to assist you in bringing your family together in the United States.

Let Our Orange City Family Visa Lawyers Help You With Your Application

Our immigration lawyers play a crucial role for individuals seeking help with family-based visas. We:

  • Provide invaluable assistance in understanding the various pathways to reunification with family members, such as spousal visas, fiancé(e) visas, and visas for children, parents, and siblings.
  • Meticulously prepare and review applications to ensure accuracy and completeness, significantly reducing the chances of delays or denials due to errors or omissions.
  • Keep you informed of the latest changes in law and policy that could impact your application
  • Represent clients in dealings with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), consulates, and embassies, advocating on their behalf and providing representation in immigration court if necessary.

By offering strategic advice tailored to each individual’s unique situation, our immigration lawyers help to streamline the visa application process, offering clarity and reducing stress. The immigration process is long and there are many ways to make a mistake, but with our commercial law in Orange City, we will help you get through this process.

To consult with an experienced family-based visa lawyer serving Orange City, call 855-780-9986

Sponsoring a Family Member for a Visa in Orange City

Eligibility to sponsor a family member for immigration to the United States is primarily reserved for U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (green card holders). U.S. citizens have the privilege to sponsor a wider range of relatives, including:

  • Spouses
  • Children, of any of age and marital status
  • Parents, if the sponsor is over 21 years old
  • Siblings

On the other hand, lawful permanent residents can sponsor their spouses and unmarried children.

Sponsors must demonstrate the ability to financially support the family member they are sponsoring at 125% above the mandated poverty line to ensure the immigrant does not become a public charge. This requirement is verified through the filing of an Affidavit of Support, a legally enforceable document.

Orange City Family-Based Visa Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986

 What Kinds of Visas Are Available for Family Members?

The United States immigration system offers various pathways for family reunification, each tailored to specific familial relationships and circumstances. These family visas are designed to strengthen family bonds by allowing U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents to bring their relatives to the U.S. Understanding the different types of family visas can help applicants choose the right option for their unique situation.

Immediate Relative Visas

Immediate Relative Visas are uncapped, meaning there is no annual limit on the number of visas issued in these categories. They are exclusively available to close family members of U.S. citizens.

  • IR-1 Visa: Allows the spouse of a U.S. citizen to immigrate to the United States. There is also a CR-1 visa if you and your spouse have been married for less than two years. This means your spouse is a conditional resident. You can later apply to remove this conditional status.
  • IR-2 Visa: This is for children, including adopted children, of U.S. citizens. They must be under 21 years of age and not married.
  • IR-3 Visa: You can seek this visa for children adopted outside the U.S. by American citizens.
  • IR-4 Visa: Parents apply for this visa for children who will be adopted within the United States.
  • IR-5 Visa: This allows parents to live permanently in the U.S. as green card holders. The sponsor must be a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years old.

Immediate Relative Visas are a priority for the U.S. government, facilitating quick processing to promote family unity.

Family Preference Visas

Family Preference Visas are subject to annual caps, which means they are limited in number each year. These visas are available to more distant relatives of U.S. citizens and some relatives of lawful permanent residents.

  • F1 Visa (Family First Preference): This green card is for unmarried children of U.S. citizens, and their minor children.
  • F2 Visa (Family Second Preference): This category is divided into two subcategories. The F2A visa is for spouses and children (under 21) of lawful permanent residents. An F2B is for unmarried sons and daughters (21 or over) of lawful permanent residents.
  • F3 Visa (Family Third Preference): For married children of U.S. citizens, their spouses, and their minor children.
  • F4 Visa (Family Fourth Preference): For siblings of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children, provided the U.S. citizen sponsor is at least 21 years old.

The Family Preference Visas system reflects the U.S. commitment to family reunification, albeit with some limitations and longer wait times due to the annual caps. You can read more about the visas and their application processes on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website. For more questions, call Bogin, Munns & Munns to get started with our family visa lawyers in Orange City.

Are There Visas for Engaged Couples?

The Fiancé(e) Visa, officially known as the K-1 visa, provides a unique pathway for foreign-citizen fiancé(e)s of U.S. citizens to enter the United States for the purpose of marriage. The K-1 visa requires that the couple marry within 90 days of the applicant’s arrival in the United States. After the marriage, the foreign-citizen spouse can petition to have their resident status changed.

The process involves thorough documentation and proof of a genuine engagement, including evidence of having met in person at least once within two years prior to filing the visa application, except under specific cultural or hardship exemptions.

Click to contact our Orange City Family-Based Visa Lawyers today

Don’t Deal With the Family Immigration Process Alone, Call Today

Embarking on the journey to reunite your family in the United States can be complex and overwhelming. Let the dedicated Orange City family-based visa lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns guide you through every step of the process with expertise and compassion. Call us today to begin building your future together.

Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today



Request a Consultation

Request a consultation by filling out the form below, or call us at 855.780.9986. We have over a dozen offices located in Orlando and across Central Florida. We’re happy to answer any of your questions.