The immigration system can be complicated to navigate and take a long time to complete. Are you struggling to obtain a family-based visa for someone you love in Brevard County? If so, our family-based visa lawyer serving Melbourne, Florida, can help.
Bogin, Munns & Munns can assign a Melbourne immigration lawyer to manage your case. We fight hard to get our clients’ loved ones the appropriate visa, and we will be here to answer your questions as the case proceeds.
Services Offered by Our Melbourne Family-Based Visa Lawyer
Our team would gladly help you with every aspect of your case, including these tasks.
Determining Which Visa Is Most Appropriate for Your Situation
A person has several ways to apply to enter or remain in the United States legally. Family-based visas, which allow your close relatives to get a green card, are just one method.
If you or your relative do not qualify for a family-based visa, we could help you find another way to bring them to or keep them in Florida, such as seeking asylum or refugee status.
Preparing You for the Visa Application Process
You may already know that seeking a family-based visa requires more than submitting a single form. Both you and the relative requesting the visa must also submit proof of eligibility and sit for interviews with government officials.
Our knowledge of the immigration process can significantly help you during this process. Bogin, Munns & Munns can tell you what evidence to submit, how to find it, and what questions will likely arise during the interview.
Educating You About Your Right to Seek Family-Based Visas
Our team understands how stressful it is to get your loved ones safe and legal entry into the United States. We treat our clients the way we would want our family members to be treated during such a challenging time. Thus, you can rely on us to:
- Work closely with you to determine the best way to acquire a green card for a loved one.
- Explain the immigration process as it applies to you and address any concerns you may have about it.
- Keep you updated as your case moves through the system and inform you of further steps you must take along the way.
To consult with an experienced family-based visa lawyer serving Melbourne, call 855-780-9986
Getting Legal Help With Your Family-Based Visa Case in Melbourne
The world of immigration law is constantly changing. Options or rights you had last year may no longer apply this year, or you may have new rights and options that you did not have before.
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we believe it is an immigration attorney’s job to make things as easy as possible for our clients. To that end, we are happy to answer all your questions about the immigration process.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Family-Based Visa?
Obtaining a visa can take a long time. For example, family-based visa applications may take many months (even years) to work their way through the system. Your case’s length may depend on factors such as:
- How much of a backlog the government has
- If there are complications with your case (we do our best to make clients’ applications as strong as possible, so this does not happen)
- Who you are seeking a visa for
Does My Military Service Affect the Visa Application Process?
It could. Per U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), providing proof of your military service could enable your spouse or child to obtain citizenship . After we have accepted and analyzed your case, Bogin, Munns & Munns can provide more specific information.
What if USCIS Rejects My Family-Based Visa Application?
The U.S. Bureau of Consular Affairs says USCIS may deny an applicant’s claim for several reasons. However, many cases boil down to one of two factors:
- The applicant is ineligible under U.S. law.
- The applicant did not provide enough information to allow the government to decide.
If the government denies your application, you may still have options. We can figure out the reason behind the denial and help you figure out what to do next.
Melbourne Family-Based Visa Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Who Is Eligible for Family-Based Visas in Melbourne?
That depends on your status. Citizens are eligible to bring more relatives on family-based visas than permanent residents. Further, the families of citizens are often given priority over the families of permanent residents.
According to USCIS, relatives who could apply for a family-based visa include:
- Spouses: Both permanent residents and citizens are entitled to seek a visa for their spouse, but only citizens can file to bring over a fiancé or fiancée.
- Children: Your child’s eligibility depends on their age and marital status. Both permanent residents and citizens can request a green card for their children.
- Parents: If you are a citizen, you can ask to bring over one or both parents via a family-based visa. If not, you must find another way to get them legal status.
- Siblings: Just like your parents, the right to apply for a family-based visa for a sibling is restricted to citizens only.
Doing What Is Right for Your Family
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we know what an emotional process it is to seek legal status for someone you love. If you go it alone, you risk making a critical mistake that jeopardizes your application.
Our Florida law firm wants to help your family however we can. Our clients can depend on us to provide friendly, professional guidance as they try to keep their families together.
Click to contact our Melbourne Family-Based Visa Lawyers today
Let Us Start on Your Melbourne Family-Based Visa Case Today
Understanding the kinds of visas available and the requirements for applying for those visas can be challenging. A Melbourne family-based visa lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns will treat you with respect and dignity as we handle your case. Call now for a free, over-the-phone consultation with a team member.