Melbourne Green Card Immigration Lawyer

Melbourne Green Card Immigration Lawyer
green, card, immigration, country, munns, status, visa, uscis, apply, united

Securing a Green Card can be a complicated and drawn-out process, and one simple mistake can be the difference between success and failure. If you want to enter the United States or are already in the country and wish to obtain a Green Card, you do not have to navigate the immigration system alone.

A Melbourne immigration lawyer with Bogin, Munns & Munns can assist with your Green Card application and help you avoid common errors that can cause delays and denials. Do not leave something as important as your right to remain in the country up to chance. Contact our law firm today for a free consultation.

What Is a United States Green Card?

Every year, millions of people petition to enter the U.S. for employment, education, and personal reasons. Some want to remain in the country temporarily, while others hope to become lawful permanent residents (LPRs). 

A “Green Card” is the common name for a Permanent Resident Card, the document that grants you LPR status. With a Green Card, you have many of the same rights as a U.S. citizen, including the right to travel outside the country. In addition, if you obtain a Green Card, you can eventually seek U.S. citizenship.

To consult with an experienced green card lawyer serving Melbourne, call 855-780-9986

Green Card Eligibility

Many individuals who apply for a Green Card already have a work visa or another type of visa that grants them permission to temporarily visit or reside in the United States for work, school, medical treatment, or to live with their family or spouse. If you wish to come to the U.S. and remain in the country permanently, you can apply for a Green Card. 

According to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), you can seek LPR status for the following reasons:

  • Family. Our immigration law attorneys can help you apply for a Green Card if you are the spouse, fiancé€, child, parent, or sibling of a U.S. Citizen. 
  • Employment. Immigrants with EB-1 visas, EB-2 visas, and EB-3 visas can seek Lawful Permanent Residency based on employment. Physicians and financial investors can also apply for Green Cards for employment purposes. 
  • Asylum/refugee status. You can pursue a Green Card if you were granted asylum or admitted to the U.S. as a refugee at least one year prior. 
  • Special immigrant status. You may be eligible for a Green Card if you are a religious worker, an international broadcaster, an employee of an international organization (or family member), a NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) employee (or family member), or a juvenile seeking court protection from a parent.
  • Crime/abuse. We can apply for LPR status for victims of crime, human trafficking, and spousal or child abuse. 

You may also be eligible for permanent residency if you entered the U.S. on a diversity visa or have lived in the country continuously since before Jan. 1, 1972. LPR status is also available to certain foreign nationals and other individuals with specific qualifications. 

Our Green Card immigration lawyers serving Melbourne, FL, can review your case and determine if you can apply. Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns today for a free consultation.

How Long Can You Stay in the U.S. on a Green Card?

If the U.S. grants you a Green Card and LPR status, it is usually good for 10 years. If you have a conditional LPR status, it is good for two years.  If you have a conditional Green Card, we can help you petition to remove the condition 90 days before it expires. 

Melbourne Green Card Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986

How Can Our Immigration Attorneys Assist With Your Green Card?

How you apply for a Green Card will vary based on your reasons for staying in the country and whether or not you have already entered the U.S. on a visa. Our experienced immigration lawyers can guide you through this complex process by helping you identify, complete, and file the appropriate forms. 

We can also do the following to assist you throughout your immigration case:

  • Gather and file necessary supporting documents and evidence to strengthen your case
  • Ensure your application is without error
  • Track and manage filing deadlines and fees
  • Explain your rights and answer all of your immigration questions
  • Prepare you for a USCIS interview

Do You Need a Sponsor?

Most individuals seeking a visa or Green Card require a sponsor. Your sponsor is the family member or employer who filed your immigrant petition on your behalf. Your sponsor will need to complete and file an Affidavit of Support (also known as Form I-864) stating they are financially responsible for you while you adjust to life in the United States. Sponsorship usually lasts 10 years. 

Our Melbourne Green Card immigration attorneys can help your sponsor fill out and file documents and ensure they understand their responsibilities under immigration law. 

Click to contact our Melbourne Green Card Immigration Lawyers today

What If Your Green Card Application Gets Denied?

There are many reasons the USCIS may deny your Green Card application, including the following:

  • You do not meet medical requirements (e.g., you have an infectious disease, are not vaccinated, or abuse drugs and alcohol).
  • You have been convicted of certain crimes, including drug trafficking, prostitution, or fraud.
  • The USCIS believes you will become financially dependent on the United States.
  • The USCIS does not believe your marriage or engagement is genuine.
  • The USCIS denied your underlying visa petition.
  • You entered the country illegally or abused the visa system.
  • You did not supply USCIS with the required documents.
  • You failed to attend immigration appointments and interviews.
  • The USCIS made the denial in error.

If your Green Card or visa applications were unsuccessful, our immigration lawyers can help you determine why and strengthen your case for appeal. However, you do not have unlimited time. We must file the appeal within 30 days from the notice of the denial (33 days if you received notice by mail). 

Submit a Consultation Request form today

Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns for Help Obtaining a Green Card

If you need help applying for a Green Card or appealing a denied application, Bogin, Munns & Munns is ready to help. We have served clients across Florida for over 40 years and provided legal services for various immigration matters. 

Let us put our resources and knowledge to work for you toward resolving a complex immigration issue. When we talk with you, we can give you legal advice about your situation and advise you on your next steps. Contact us for a free consultation and connect with our Melbourne Green Card immigration lawyers today. 

Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today



Request a Consultation

Request a consultation by filling out the form below, or call us at 855.780.9986. We have over a dozen offices located in Orlando and across Central Florida. We’re happy to answer any of your questions.