Daytona Beach Bike Week is one of the world’s most widely known and largest motorcycle rallies, attracting thousands of bikers annually. Unfortunately, accidents can happen when many bikers meet up at the Central Florida event. Sadly, every year, some participants suffer injuries or are fatally wounded in motorcycle crashes.
If you or your loved one is recovering from a collision that occurred during Bike Week, a Daytona Beach motorcycle accident lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you seek financial compensation for your injuries and financial losses. Our law firm has over 40 years of legal experience that we can put behind fighting for your financial recovery. Call us today for a free consultation.
How to Seek Compensation for Daytona Bike Week Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists are exempt from Florida’s no-fault insurance system because the law only applies to four-wheeled vehicles. This exemption means injured riders can seek compensation from the party that caused their crash with a liability insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. They do not need to meet an injury threshold first.
However, if you live in another no-fault state or carry optional medical payments (MedPay) insurance, you may need to exhaust your coverage before seeking compensation from an at-fault driver. Our personal injury lawyers serving Daytona Beach can review your insurance policy to determine if your insurer owes you damages. We will also help you explore your options for recovering compensation from a liable party.
To consult with an experienced bike week accident lawyer serving Daytona Beach, call 855-780-9986
Recoverable Damages for a Daytona Beach Bike Week Motorcycle Crash
Motorcycle collision damages can add up quickly, especially if you have a severe injury and cannot work while you recover. If your crash was not your fault, you should not have to bear the financial consequences. Our Daytona Bike Week motorcycle accident attorneys can identify and calculate your losses and pursue the maximum compensation for the following:
- Current and future medical expenses, including ambulance transportation, emergency services, surgeries, hospital stays, medications, mobility aids, physical therapy, and extended nursing.
- Lost income, earnings, and employment benefits, including loss of your future earning capacity if your injuries force you to permanently reduce your work hours, change jobs, or leave the workforce.
- Motorcycle repair or replacement costs and the cost of fixing or replacing other damaged personal property.
- Miscellaneous expenses, including household services, rental car fees, lodging, meals, and medical travel expenses associated with an out-of-state accident if you hail from outside of Florida.
- Pain and suffering, including scarring, disfigurement, chronic and severe physical pain, mental anguish, emotional distress, and diminished quality of life.
- Wrongful death, including your loved one’s medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, lost income, lost support and services, loss of companionship, and surviving family members’ mental pain and suffering.
How Long do You Have to Pursue Your Daytona Beach Bike Crash Case?
You have a limited time to recover damages. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you generally have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. If you do not file your case within the statute of limitations, the court will likely bar your suit. This deadline applies if your accident occurred in Florida, even if you live out of state and were only visiting for Bike Week.
Our Central Florida legal team can help you get started on your case immediately. Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns for a free consultation.
Daytona Beach Bike Week Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Our Daytona Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Will Build Your Case
To win your motorcycle accident case, you must prove a negligent party caused your collision. You must also establish that the crash led to injuries and economic and non-economic damages.
In most instances, motorcycle wreck liability rests with a vehicle driver or another motorcyclist. However, others may be at fault with an event like Bike Week, including event organizers, property owners, and motorcycle manufacturers.
Our Daytona Bike Week motorcycle accident lawyers can do the following to investigate your crash, prove liability, and recover your losses:
- Examine the circumstances surrounding your accident. Daytona Bike Week offers many events for motorcycle enthusiasts, including races, organized rides, and musical entertainment. We can determine if any of these activities contributed to your accident. For example, we may look at whether event participants were driving drunk or investigate a race track for unsafe conditions.
- Collect evidence. Our team can visit the site of the bike crash, take photographs, and collect physical evidence and debris. We can also locate and interview eyewitnesses, track down available video footage of the accident, obtain police reports and medical records, and hire and consult with case experts when needed.
- Prove your damages. We will collect bills, receipts, estimates, and additional evidence of your financial losses. We can also use testimony from your doctors, friends, and family to establish you deserve awards for pain and suffering.
- Negotiate for fair compensation. We will build your case, file your claim or lawsuit, and negotiate a full and fair settlement. If necessary, we will take your case to trial to get the awards you deserve.
When you work with us, we handle the details of your claim or lawsuit so you can focus on your health and recovery. We have the case experience and legal knowledge to get the results you need. Our compassionate staff will support you every step of the way.
Click to contact our Daytona Beach Bike Week Motorcycle Accident Lawyers today
How Common Are Bike Week Motorcycle Collisions?
The sheer number of motorcycle riders and the party atmosphere of Daytona Beach Bike Week can lead to an increased number of motorcycle accidents. According to The Daytona Beach News-Journal, during the first five days of 2023’s 10-day event, 69 people were sent to the hospital, and two died.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers have experience with severe and catastrophic injuries. We can assist in-state and out-of-state accident victims with cases involving the following:
- Neck injuries and whiplash
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Facial injuries
- Severe cuts and bruising (“road rash”)
- Loss of a limb or body part
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Organ damage and internal bleeding
- Fatal injuries
Submit a Consultation Request form today
Call Bogin, Munns & Munns for Help With Your Bike Week Motorcycle Accident Claim or Lawsuit
Bogin, Munns & Munns is ready to review your legal options and next steps during a free consultation today. We provide comprehensive legal representation at a fair price.
Our Daytona Beach Bike Week motorcycle accident attorneys serve personal injury clients on contingency. We can start your case today for nothing up front or out of pocket.