St. Cloud Work Visa Lawyer

St. Cloud Work Visa Lawyer
work, visas, visa, permanent, residency, immigration, cloud, apply, workers, qualify

Are you hoping to immigrate to St. Cloud, FL? A work visa could provide a path to permanent residency in the U.S. Our immigration lawyers understand the ins and outs of immigration law at Bogin, Munns & Munns, so we can advise you on which work visas you qualify for and ensure you put your best foot forward.

Working With a St. Cloud Work Visa Lawyer

The U.S. work visa application process is complicated. There are countless visa types to choose from. Failure to apply for the correct visa and follow the application process correctly could result in a denial. Luckily, at Bogin, Munns & Munns, we’re here to help. A St. Cloud work visa lawyer from our team can represent you throughout the work visa application process.

Here’s what we can do for you:

  • Help you file all required paperwork
  • Explain how immigration laws apply to you and your family
  • Discuss which types of work visas you’re eligible for
  • Coordinate with your employer sponsor, if applicable
  • Inform you of your rights
  • Protect your rights
  • Keep you up-to-date on deadlines
  • Prepare you for immigration court appearances
  • Assist you under threat of deportation

Will You Help Me With My Case?

Data from the American Immigration Council suggests that 26 percent of Florida’s workforce is made up of immigrant workers. More than half of all immigrants in the state are naturalized US citizens. That being said, immigrants are a valued part of the Florida community. Some of the many nationalities immigrating to St. Cloud and the rest of the state include:

  • Mexico
  • Brazil
  • Jamaica
  • Cuba
  • Venezuela
  • Dominican Republic
  • Haiti
  • Honduras
  • Peru

Our team is proud to represent those in need of immigration support. During your case evaluation, we can discuss your eligibility for a US work visa in St. Cloud.

To consult with an experienced work visa lawyer serving St. Cloud, call 855-780-9986

Permanent Residency Work Visas

The main category of long-term work visas is employment-based (EB). EB visas come in multiple tiers, each focusing on a different group of workers. If you receive an EB visa, you become eligible for lawful permanent residency in the U.S. Remember, EB visas are work visas, meaning they typically require a job offer and employer sponsorship.

EB-1 Visas

EB-1 visas are high priority, applying to the following groups:

  • Extraordinary ability: This applies to individuals with exceptional talents in the sciences, art, business, education, or athletics. To prove that you meet these standards, you must show that your work has received considerable international or national acclaim. 
  • Outstanding professors or researchers: This applies to individuals with an outstanding academic and/or research track record. You only qualify for this category if you’re moving to the U.S. to pursue work related to your research or education, like university attendance or private-sector employment.
  • Certain multinational managers or executives: This applies to those moving to the U.S. to work as a multinational manager or executive. Think CEOs, CFOs, and COOs.

EB-1 visas are unique because they don’t always require a job offer or employer sponsorship. However, remember that EB-1 visas are highly competitive and don’t apply to most individuals.

EB-2 Visas

EB-2 visas are a little less competitive and are available to the following groups:

  • Advanced degree: Holders of an advanced degree, Ph.D. or MD can apply for EB-2 visas.
  • Exceptional ability: This designation is like the extraordinary ability noted in EB-1 visas. However, for an EB-2 visa, you only need to demonstrate that your skills are “significantly above the ordinary.”

EB-3 Visas

While lower priority than EB-1 and EB-2 visas, EB-3 visas can still be a ticket to permanent residency in the U.S. Categories of EB-3 workers include:

  • Skilled workers: To qualify as a skilled worker, you must have at least two years of experience in a specific field of work. This designation doesn’t apply to seasonal or temporary work.
  • Professionals: Professionals must carry a degree and have relevant work experience.
  • Unskilled workers: Unskilled workers are trained in jobs that require less than two years of training. To succeed in their application, they must fulfill jobs that can’t be filled in the U.S. 

EB-4 Visas

EB-4 visas cover “special” workers, like:

  • Broadcasters
  • Ministers of religion
  • Previous employees of the U.S. government
  • And more

This category, while large, is highly specific and doesn’t apply to most immigration cases. The Department of US Citizenship and Immigration Services has more information.

EB-5 Visas

EB-5 visas are also highly specific, applying to those capable of investing in the U.S. economy. This category applies to “immigrant investors” contributing to U.S. finances and employment opportunities. Due to the high bar of entry (typically about $1 million in investments), few individuals qualify for EB-5 visas.

EB Visas Are Competitive

Each year, the U.S. government only issues 140,000 EB visas. While this number may sound large, it’s smaller than you think. EB visas are competitive because they provide a path to permanent residency. Our firm understands that you might be up against highly-qualified candidates. Working with a St. Cloud work visa lawyer from our team could help you best express your abilities and potential contributions in your application.

St. Cloud Work Visa Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986

Temporary Work Visas and Permanent Residency

Temporary work visas are different from EB visas. Most temporary work visas don’t provide a path to permanent residency. However, H-1B visas, which typically grant up to six years in the U.S. on an employment basis, are “dual intent,” meaning that securing an H-1B can eventually lead to lawful permanent residency.

What Is an H-1B?

H-1B visas are like EB visas, requiring specialty employment experience. Generally, to be eligible for this type of visa, you must:

  • Hold a relevant degree or working license
  • Have a job offer from a U.S. company
  • Your employer must prove that there’s a lack of qualified candidates in the U.S.

If you hold an H-1B visa or plan to apply for an H-1B visa, a St. Cloud work visa lawyer from our team can explain how to leverage this immigration status into lawful permanent residency.

Click to contact our St. Cloud Work Visa Lawyers today

If I Receive a Work Visa, Can My Family Come to The U.S. Too?

Permanent residency applicants are broken into two categories: principle and derivative. Principle applicants are those who qualify by merit (work expertise, job offer, etc.), and derivative applicants are the dependents of a principal applicant. Dependents typically include spouses and children.

For example, imagine that Francisco from Brazil is applying for an EB-2 visa due to qualifying work experience. Because he has work experience and a job offer, he is the principal applicant. Francisco’s spouse and children become eligible for U.S. residency because they are related to him.

Submit a Consultation Request form today

Contact a St. Cloud Work Visa Lawyer Today

Are you ready to push for permanent residency in St. Cloud? Contact our firm today for a case evaluation – we can support clients in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. You don’t need to handle the work visa application process alone. A visa type not noted in this article may apply to your unique case.

Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today



Request a Consultation

Request a consultation by filling out the form below, or call us at 855.780.9986. We have over a dozen offices located in Orlando and across Central Florida. We’re happy to answer any of your questions.