Gainesville Work Visa Lawyer

Gainesville Work Visa Lawyer
work, visa, visas, immigrants, green, application, workers, apply, temporary, immigration

Are you looking to enter the U.S.? Our team at Bogin, Munns & Munns can help. Our Gainesville immigration lawyer can explain how a work visa could allow you to immigrate temporarily or permanently to Gainesville, FL.

Once we take you on as a client, we can help you file your application. We don’t want mistakes in the application process to be the reason for your denial, so our immigration lawyers give each client individualized attention. If you’re unsure whether you qualify, we can assess your eligibility for each kind of work visa during your consultation.

Using a Work Visa to Enter the Country

Employment-based (EB) work visas allow immigrants to earn permanent residency status in the U.S. Typically, EB visas are contingent on job offers from U.S. companies. However, you may qualify for an EB visa without a job offer if you meet certain criteria.

These are the groups that are eligible for EB visas:

  • Priority workers: This category applies to highly unique immigrants who have special skills (renowned athletes, artists, scientists, etc.) or are executive-level workers at a multinational company. In some cases, immigrants can become eligible under the priority workers category without a job offer.
  • Skilled workers, professionals, and other workers: This category involves professionals with considerable work experience and vocational training. You may also qualify for this category if you’re an unskilled worker (your job requires less than two years of training) meeting a specific labor need in the U.S.
  • Job creators: Like the priority workers group, this category is unique, applying to immigrants capable of investing considerable funds into the U.S. economy.
  • Special immigrants: This category is covered by EB-4 visas. Special immigrants include broadcasters, religious workers, and certain translators. This category, while vast, usually only applies in unique situations.

By securing an EB visa, you become eligible for a green card. Green cards grant permanent residency status in the U.S. and are the first step to earning citizenship. You cannot earn citizenship in most cases without a green card.

A Gainesville work visa lawyer from our team can review your case to determine which category of EB visa applies to your case. Then, we can build a plan to work towards earning your permanent residency.

What Is a Green Card?

As just noted, green cards allow immigrants to reside in the U.S. indefinitely. The following groups are eligible for green cards:

  • EB visa recipients
  • Family members of U.S. citizens
  • Family members of green card holders

Benefits of a green card include:

  • Allowing you to prove employment eligibility
  • Allowing you to apply for a Social Security card and government benefits
  • Allows you to eventually apply for citizenship

Citizenship Eligibility

Citizenship is the final step of immigrating to Gainesville. These are the eligibility factors:

  • Be willing to go through the 10-step naturalization process, per the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
  • Have held a green card for at least five years or three years if you’re filing as the spouse of a U.S. citizen
  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Be able to speak, read, and write English
  • Be of good moral character

To consult with an experienced work visa lawyer serving Gainesville, call 855-780-9986

What About Temporary Work Visas?

EB visas are called immigrant visas, meaning they apply to those hoping to move permanently to the U.S. However, it’s possible to enter the U.S. for a limited period with a temporary work visa.

Common types of temporary work visas include:

  • H-1B visa: H-1B visas are “specialty occupation” visas. These visas are contingent on employment within a technical work sector. Examples include coders, product designers, and other professions that require unique expertise.
  • H-2A visa: H-2A visas apply to temporary or seasonal agricultural workers
  • H-2B visa: H-2B visas apply to temporary or seasonal non-agricultural workers.
  • P visas: P visas have multiple categories and apply to artists, athletes, or entertainers looking to come to the U.S. for a limited period of time. Generally, this visit needs to pertain to their profession. For example, a touring musician could secure a P visa to play venues in the U.S.

Temporary Work Visas and Permanent Residency

Temporary work visas are generally called “non-immigrant” visas. They have this designation because they aren’t designed to help individuals permanently immigrate to the U.S. Therefore, taking steps to become a U.S. citizen can jeopardize most types of temporary work visas.

For example, taking the following actions while holding a standard temporary visa, like a P visa or an H-2A visa, could be grounds for deportation:

  • Abandoning your residence outside of the U.S.
  • Applying for a green card
  • Indicating that you intend to stay in the U.S.

However, certain types of temporary work visas can be used to secure a green card.

H-1B visas are “dual-intent” visas. This means they apply to both immigrants and non-immigrants. You can carry an H-1B visa while endeavoring to become a U.S. citizen without losing your temporary worker status.

Gainesville Work Visa Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986

Working With a Gainesville Work Visa Lawyer

The work visa application process is complex. The information provided so far is only surface-level, not dealing with the intricacies of visa types and eligibility factors. Facing these rules alone isn’t easy, and failure to correctly apply can jeopardize your application.

This is where working with a Gainesville work visa lawyer from our team could prove beneficial. At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we understand U.S. immigration laws. We can take the stress out of the application process and help you put your best foot forward.

These are the services we provide to our clients:

  • Determine how immigration laws impact you and your family
  • Inform you of and protect your rights
  • Explain every possible option for immigration
  • Work alongside your employer sponsor, if applicable
  • Represent you during immigration hearings
  • Assist if anyone threatens to deport you while you’re here on a work visa

Types of Immigrants Our Team Can Represent

Gainesville and the rest of the state frequently see immigrants from these countries:

  • Cuba
  • Haiti
  • Colombia
  • Mexico
  • Jamaica
  • Venezuela
  • Dominican Republic
  • Brazil
  • Nicaragua
  • Honduras

If you’re a citizen of any of these countries, a Gainesville work visa lawyer from our team can review your case. However, we’re also proud to support citizens of countries not noted here. We like to keep our legal practice broad, allowing us to represent anyone in need of immigration assistance.

Click to contact our Gainesville Work Visa Lawyers today

Asylum as a Work Visa Alternative Can Give You Worker Status in the US

Work visas are an effective way to enter the U.S., provided you meet eligibility factors. However, asylees can earn permanent residency and the right work, too. According to USCIS, to qualify for asylum status, you must be persecuted in your home country on the following grounds:

  • Race
  • Religion
  • Nationality
  • Membership in a particular group
  • Political opinion

The asylum application process, like the work visa application process, is complex. Our team can help you make sense of application standards and gather relevant documentation on your behalf. While fleeing your home country is stressful, seeking asylum doesn’t need to be.

Submit a Consultation Request form today

Get Started on Your Work Visa Application Today

Our team at Bogin, Munns & Munns is here for those looking to move to the U.S. We can assist you with a work visa application and explore other options that might apply to your case. Contact our offices to get started today.

Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today



Request a Consultation

Request a consultation by filling out the form below, or call us at 855.780.9986. We have over a dozen offices located in Orlando and across Central Florida. We’re happy to answer any of your questions.