Choosing to drive drunk is one of the most dangerous and reckless decisions a motorist can make. Intoxicated drivers risk their own safety and the safety of all those with whom they share the roadway. When drunk drivers cause car accidents and injure others, they should pay for their negligent and wrongful actions.
If a drunk driver hurt you or your loved one, Bogin, Munns & Munns can hold them accountable. Our St. Cloud drunk driving accident lawyers will fight to recover compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more with an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. You rest and recover while we fight for the justice you deserve.
Drunk Drivers Should Pay for the Injuries and Damages They Cause
Florida Statutes § 316.193 states that any motorist with a blood- or breath-alcohol level (BAL) of 0.08 or higher is legally intoxicated and therefore breaking the law by driving under the influence (DUI). Yet, despite the illegality and risks associated with drunk driving, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reports that more than 40 alcohol-impaired crashes occurred in Osceola County in 2022.
Drunk driving is negligent, and those who hurt others by doing so should pay for what results from their mistakes – not you or your loved ones. Florida is a no-fault insurance state, but if you have severe injuries and medical expenses that exceed your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, our attorneys can pursue damages from the intoxicated driver who caused your crash. Our St. Cloud drunk driving accident lawyers can help you seek compensation for:
- Current and ongoing medical expenses. Our lawyers can secure compensation for medical bills already incurred and awards to pay for necessary future treatment. Medical damages may include emergency transportation and services, hospital stays, medical procedures, physical and occupational therapy, rehabilitation, medical devices and equipment, prescription drugs, in-home health services, and life care costs.
- Past and future lost wages. We can recover income, benefits, and earnings lost due to your drunk driving accident. Additionally, if your injuries prevent you from working or require you to reduce your hours or change jobs, we can seek awards for your future lost wages and lost earning capacity.
- Vehicle damages. We can pursue the cost of your vehicle repairs or seek its fair replacement value if the damages are a total loss. We can also pursue compensation for other damaged personal property (such as jewelry or electronics) and miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses (such as rental car fees, household services, and medically necessary home and vehicle modifications).
- Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering damages provide monetary awards for how your injuries affect your life and physical and mental well-being. Our St. Cloud car accident lawyers can pursue compensation for scarring, disfigurement, loss of mobility, severe and chronic pain, depression, anxiety, and loss of enjoyment.
- Wrongful death. If a drunk driver caused your loved one’s fatal injury, we can pursue wrongful death damages on behalf of their estate and qualifying survivors. Compensation may include medical bills, funeral and burial costs, lost wages (including future lost income), and lost support and services. Family members can also seek damages for mental and emotional suffering and awards for the loss of the deceased’s care, companionship, and guidance.
We Can Help You Get Started Today
Florida’s statute of limitations, outlined in Florida Statutes § 95.11, allows victims two years to sue for personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. If these deadlines expire, the court will likely reject your case, and it could also reduce your chances of securing a successful insurance settlement. The longer you wait, the more this window of opportunity closes, so do not delay.
Our firm can help you get started on your drunk driving accident case today with a free, no-obligation consultation. Additionally, we work on contingency, which means you owe us nothing unless and until we obtain compensation.
To consult with an experienced drunk driving accident lawyer serving St. Cloud, call 855-780-9986
The Lawyers at Bogin, Munns & Munns Will Help You Seek Justice in St. Cloud
Bogin, Munns & Munns has advocated for personal injury clients across central Florida for more than 40 years. We employ a team of over 100 lawyers and staff with decades of legal experience that they can put to work for you and your family. Our full-service firm will handle your case so you can focus on getting back on your feet. We will:
- File your PIP claims
- File claims with the at-fault driver’s insurance provider
- Identify your damages and aggressively fight for fair financial recovery
- Obtain case evidence, including police reports, BAL test results, physical evidence, and eyewitness accounts
- Advocate for you during negotiations and meetings
- Handle phone calls, emails, and other case-related communications
- Provide you with regular case updates and maintain open, easy, and fast lines of communication
- Prepare a lawsuit and represent you at trial if necessary
We Have Recovered Millions of Dollars for Personal Injury Clients
Our firm boasts members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. These professional organizations are only open to attorneys who have secured million-dollar-plus settlements or verdicts. While we cannot guarantee a case outcome, we can promise to work tirelessly to secure advantageous awards for you and your loved ones.
St. Cloud Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
Drunk Driving Is Illegal and Dangerous
Despite laws against drunk driving in all 50 states, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that around one-third of fatal U.S. traffic accidents involve an intoxicated driver. According to the NHTSA, alcohol consumption can lead to the following:
- Impaired judgment
- Delayed reaction time
- Increased risk-taking
- Inability to regulate speed
- Loss of coordination and muscle control
- Blurred vision
- Auditory impairment
- Loss of concentration
- Slowed thinking
All the above can lead to careless and reckless driving. If you suffered injuries in an auto accident caused by a drunk driver, we can hold them accountable for their wrongful actions.
Click to contact our St. Cloud Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers today
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns today to learn more about our legal services and connect with a St. Cloud drunk driving accident lawyer near you. A team member is available 24/7 to answer your questions and help you take the first steps toward securing financial recovery. Hablamos Espanol.