Leesburg Bikefest is a three-day event for motorcycle enthusiasts featuring live music, food, vendors, and activities. Scheduled April 26th-28th in 2024, the festival will attract many riders to the area, which may increase the risk of motorcycle accidents.
If you or your loved one gets into a collision at Leesburg Bikefest, there are many reasons why you should consider hiring a lawyer. Continue reading to learn more about how a Leesburg bikefest motorcycle accident lawyer from our law firm can fight to protect your rights and safeguard your financial future.
You Will Need a Local Motorcycle Accident Attorney to Represent You
If a negligent driver or motorcyclist caused your accident, you deserve compensation for your injuries and damages. You can pursue your losses with an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. To act on your behalf in Florida’s courts, you will need an attorney licensed to practice law in the state, even if you live elsewhere.
In fact, if you live out of state or even elsewhere in Florida, it may be helpful to work with a local law firm. A Leesburg lawyer can explain state laws that may affect your claim or lawsuit. They can also communicate on your behalf, including attending in-person meetings or court appearances in your place when legally possible, saving you from unnecessary travel.
To consult with an experienced motorcycle accidents lawyer today, call 855-780-9986
Florida’s Insurance Laws Can Be Complex
Florida is a no-fault insurance state. Under this system, most motorists must carry personal injury protection insurance to pay for their medical bills and other expenses after a crash, regardless of who caused the collision. However, the state’s no-fault laws only apply to four-wheeled vehicles, exempting motorcycle riders.
This exemption means you have the unrestricted right to seek compensation from a liable driver for motorcycle accident injuries. You do not have to exhaust your PIP first. But getting a full and fair settlement is often easier said than done.
A lawyer can help you navigate the claims process and represent you during insurance negotiations. A legal representative can also protect you from bad-faith insurance practices or pressure to accept a lower payment than you deserve.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries Can Be Severe and Costly
Because motorcycles do not have seatbelts, airbags, a vehicle cab, or other safety features found in passenger cars, riders are vulnerable to severe and fatal crash injuries, like traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. When you suffer serious physical harm, you may require extensive and ongoing medical treatment and face a lengthy recovery.
These issues can cause significant financial expenses and alter your daily life. Working with an attorney familiar with catastrophic injury cases ensures you identify and recover all of your current and future losses so you have the financial resources you need to make a maximum medical recovery.
A motorcycle accident lawyer can also do the work needed to build your case so you can focus on healing and getting your life back on track. Our law firm can do the following if you get into an accident at Leesburg Bikefest:
- Investigate your collision and establish a liable party is responsible for your injuries and damages
- Hire and consult with crash reconstructionists, medical professionals, and other case experts when needed
- Prove your losses using bills, receipts, pay stubs, invoices, and estimates
- Prepare and file your insurance or legal paperwork
- Communicate with involved parties and aggressively negotiate on your behalf
- Provide you with frequent and timely case updates
- Represent you at trial if necessary
A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You Seek Maximum Compensation
Hiring a lawyer does not guarantee you will secure more compensation. However, an attorney can help you avoid common legal pitfalls and do everything already mentioned to construct a solid motorcycle accident claim. Working with a lawyer can also send the message to the insurance company that you mean business.
When you hire a personal injury attorney from our firm, we will do everything possible to secure maximum compensation for your economic and non-economic damages, which may include the following:
- Medical expenses, including, emergency treatment and transportation, surgeries, hospitalizations, rehabilitation and physical therapy, mobility aids, medical equipment, and long-term care
- Lost wages and employment benefits, including loss of your earning capacity if you suffer a permanent or disabling injury that interferes with your future work capabilities
- Repair or replacement costs for your motorcycle and personal property
- Additional expenses, including rental car costs, household service, medically necessary home and vehicle modifications, and out-of-state accident travel costs
- Non-economic damages like Pain and suffering, emotional distress, severe and chronic pain, loss of enjoyment, scarring, and disfigurement
- Wrongful death of a loved one, including funeral and burial costs, and loss of your loved one’s income, support, services, care, and guidance
Submit a Consultation Request form today
You Have a Limited Time to Pursue Motorcycle Crash Damages
If you get into an accident at the Leesburg Bikefest, Florida’s statute of limitations for personal injury will apply. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you have two years to file your lawsuit in the state’s civil courts. The deadline will also affect insurance claims because you lose your legal leverage once it expires.
An accident attorney can help you pursue your case before time runs out. In addition to adhering to important deadlines, our legal team can act fast to gather and preserve case evidence. Since we have offices in Leesburg, we can quickly get to the scene to take photographs, collect debris, and interview witnesses.
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns if You Are In a Leesburg Bikefest Accident
Bogin, Munns & Munns sincerely hopes everyone has a fun and safe time during Leesburg Bikefest. Know that if you do get into an accident and need assistance, our Leesburg motorcycle accident lawyers are here for you.