Do you live or work in Leesburg, Florida? Have you been experiencing sexual harassment in the workplace and aren’t sure how to stop it? You don’t have to put up with it. In fact, you can fight back.
Florida law allows sexual harassment victims to seek damages from liable parties. A Leesburg sexual harassment lawyer can help you fight for the justice and compensation you deserve via a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
Florida Statutes § 784.048 defines harassment as engaging in “conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose.” Sexual harassment occurs when this conduct is sexual in nature. Examples of sexual harassment include, but are not limited to:
- Directing lewd or suggestive comments of a sexual nature at a specific person or making those types of comments about a specific person to other people.
- Making unwanted advances of a sexual nature
Sexual harassment is an unfortunate reality, and anyone can be a victim. If someone is sexually harassing you, a Leesburg sexual harassment attorney from Bogin, Munns & Munns wants to help you get through it. We opened our firm in 1979, and we’re big believers in holding the perpetrators of sexual harassment, and their enablers, financially accountable.
Where Does Sexual Harassment Occur?
Sadly, sexual harassment can occur anywhere in Leesburg, but one of the most common places people experience sexual harassment is the workplace. Examples of workplace sexual harassment include, but are not limited to:
- Conditioning offers of employment, continued employment, or promotions on accepting romantic advances or performing sexual favors
- Making comments of an overtly sexual nature
- Unwanted touching of co-workers
- Creating a hostile work environment where repeated lewd comments of a sexual nature, unwanted touching, or creating and/or exchanging images of a sexual nature through official work channels is tolerated or encouraged
Regrettably, these behaviors were often accepted in workplaces all over Florida (including Leesburg) for many years. Thankfully, those days are over. Today, workplaces are responsible for creating an environment free of sexual harassment.
If you’ve reported sexual harassment to your supervisors and nothing has been done, your employer may be liable for damages along with the co-worker who is harassing you.
To consult with an experienced sexual harassment lawyer serving Leesburg, call 855-780-9986
How Can a Leesburg Sexual Harassment Lawyer Help You?
In some cases, sexual harassment can be a criminal offense. This is especially true when harassment involves threats of a sexual nature, stalking, or cyberstalking. However, the criminal courts aren’t the only place to seek justice for sexual harassment. You can fight to hold the person (or people) harassing you financially accountable for their bad behavior in civil court.
A Leesburg workplace sexual harassment attorney at Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you do exactly that. Some of the things we can do for our clients include:
- Gathering evidence (e.g., emails, texts, and phone calls) that can prove harassment
- Ensuring we file your case before the statute of limitations expires
- Representing you in settlement negotiations
- Representing you in court if negotiations are unsuccessful
What Are the Recoverable Damages in a Sexual Harassment Case?
Sexual harassment is a pernicious violation to endure. Many sexual harassment victims experience extreme levels of stress and mental trauma. In cases of workplace sexual harassment, if you were fired for refusing sexual advances or had to get a new job to avoid continued harassment, you may also have economic damages.
A Leesburg sexual harassment attorney from Bogin, Munns & Munns will make a demand for the economic damages you suffered and the mental trauma you endured. We’re committed to helping you get a fair financial settlement.
Leesburg Sexual Harassment Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
How Much Is Your Leesburg Sexual Harassment Case Worth?
Various damages may be available in a sexual harassment case. In the case of workplace harassment, the monetary value of lost promotions, lost income, or other economic consequences you suffer will be unique to your case. The same holds true concerning the level of pain and suffering or stress you endured.
Because every case is different, the best way to get an idea of how much your sexual harassment case may be worth is to meet with us for a consultation. When our team understands the full scope of your economic and non-economic damages, we will be in a better position to advise you about the potential value of your sexual harassment case.
Why Should You Trust Bogin, Munns & Munns with Your Sexual Harassment Case?
When you’re experiencing sexual harassment and want to hold the person harassing you accountable, it helps to have an attorney who cares.
Bogin, Munns & Munns is proudly committed to serving our clients and helping them get the monetary compensation they deserve after someone else’s bad behavior negatively affects their lives. That’s why one of the things we’re most proud of is the reviews our firm has received from former clients, such as these:
- “Jon and Xena were super great to work with. I truly felt like they were looking out for me and cared for my situation. They answered any questions I had and always kept me in the loop with my case. I truly can’t thank them enough for their diligence and professionalism. If I find myself in another situation I know exactly where to go.” -Kristin C.
- “My experience with Bogin, Munns & Munns was very pleasant given the circumstances of why I needed them. I was treated like they knew me for years, I never felt like I didn’t belong. Xena was absolutely amazing. Very informative and always available to answer all my questions! I would highly recommend that you ask for her by name!” -Suzan H.
- “Bogin, Munns & Munns was extremely helpful throughout the entire process of my case. They were quick to respond to any questions I had, and made sure to keep things moving with no delay.” -Eric B.
Click to contact our Leesburg Sexual Harassment Lawyers today
How Much Do Workplace Sexual Harassment Lawyers Cost in Leesburg?
One of the worst aspects of workplace sexual harassment is that, aside from the humiliation and stress it causes for the victim, it can also have economic consequences. In many cases, victims of sexual harassment in the workplace are terminated for refusing to put up with the harassment. In other cases, they may have to seek other, less lucrative employment just to remove themselves from the hostile work environment.
Bogin, Munns & Munns doesn’t believe that sexual harassment victims should have to choose between paying their rent or their lawyer. So, our firm will take your case on a contingency basis. That means our Leesburg sexual harassment lawyers will only bill you if we win your case. If we lose, you owe us nothing. That’s how committed we are to getting justice in your case. So, contact us today, and see what Bogin, Munns & Munns can do for you.