If you or a loved one was injured in a DUI accident, an attorney from Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you pursue the damages you need and deserve. We are proud to serve clients in Cocoa and communities throughout the State of Florida.
Taking legal action can both hold the at-fault driver responsible for their negligence and compensate you for medical treatment, accident-related bills, and much more.
Our Firm Can Help You Fight for Damages
By hiring an attorney from Bogin, Munns & Munns, you acquire a partner dedicated to helping you fight for damages. The team at our Cocoa office can do everything possible to get you what you deserve after a DUI accident, including:
Assessing Your Case for Free
Anyone who has sustained a personal injury can call us and find out if they have a viable case during a free, no-obligation consultation.
Quantifying Your Injuries
To prevent the insurance company from offering less than you deserve, we can calculate your case’s worth by:
- Reviewing evidence
- Speaking with you about the injuries
Meeting with the Insurance Company
We will not be intimidated by the liable party’s insurer (and their lawyers’) tactics. We will negotiate for a settlement.
Going to Court
If we can’t get a pretrial settlement for our clients, we can:
- Schedule the trial dates
- Prepare oral arguments
- Present your case in the courtroom
We can ensure all forms are completed correctly and within the prescribed deadline. If we do not meet this expectation, the court may dismiss your case.
Responding Promptly to Questions
Whenever you have a concern or a question about your case, we can respond as soon as possible and spend as much time with you as you need.
Keeping in Touch
Any time something important happens with your case, you can rely on us to tell you about it and explain its implications.
Making Sure You Understand Your Rights
We know that the law is not always as accessible and easy to understand as it should be. However, we can explain your rights and how to protect them throughout the process.
Whatever legal task must be done in the course of your lawsuit, we can handle it. We ensure our clients feel supported. Our firm can provide all of the services you need to pursue compensation with a minimum of stress and confusion.
To consult with an experienced dui accident lawyer serving Cocoa, call 855-686-6752
Compensation You May Qualify for
After a DUI accident, you may have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit (if you suffered an injury) or a wrongful death lawsuit (if your loved one lost their life). In either case, you could qualify for both economic and non-economic damages.
Non-economic damages represent the emotional and physical distress that you would not have experienced had you not been involved in the accident.
They could include:
- Disfigurement or scarring: If serious enough, scar tissue can permanently affect your appearance, the injured area’s range of motion, and your self-confidence.
- Disability: This award includes physical, intellectual, partial, total, temporary, and permanent conditions.
- Pain and suffering: Your physical and/or emotional well-being has suffered and may continue to suffer in the future, all because of the accident.
- Reduced quality of life: Because of the injuries, you are no longer able to live independently and/or to engage in favorite hobbies or activities.
Economic damages represent the money you lost or spent – or expect to lose or spend – because of the accident. They could include:
- Medical expenses: You had to see a medical professional, such as a geriatric doctor, surgeon, psychologist, or physical therapist, to treat your injuries.
- Loss of income: The injuries were serious enough that you had to miss work for days, weeks, or even longer.
- Loss of earning capacity: Unlike loss of income, which reflects a temporary inability to work, loss of earning capacity reimburses you for a permanent inability to work or earn as much as you used to.
- Loss of employment: You have had to undergo extensive vocational rehabilitation training. This could be because your injuries prevent you from finding work in your previous field. You might not be able to work at all.
Additional damages may be available in wrongful death cases. Bogin, Munns & Munns represent clients in both personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
Cocoa DUI Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
When Should You Start a DUI Accident Lawsuit?
It is always best to start a lawsuit as soon as possible after an accident. Some forms of evidence are more valuable or more likely to be available soon after the accident.
- Details of the accident may fade from witnesses’ memories as time goes by.
- Footage from surveillance cameras may be deleted after a set period of time.
- The authorities may discard accident reports after a set period of time.
- Witnesses may delete critical photos or video footage from their phones.
Your Case Could Be Affected By a Legally-Imposed Timeline
If you seek compensation for your own injuries after a DUI accident, you generally have four years from the accident date in which to begin. This deadline is the statute of limitations, as codified in Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). By contrast, you have about two years to begin a wrongful death case, as stated in Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
The quicker you begin your case, the quicker you may be able to recover the money you need to support yourself and your family. For all of these reasons, the legal process may be easier if you contact us soon after the accident.
Click to contact our Cocoa DUI Accident Attorney today
Connect with Bogin, Munns & Munns Today for a Free Case Review
When you are ready to start, call Bogin, Munns & Munns at (321) 633-3208. We offer free case reviews to DUI accident victims.
If we are able to help, criminal defense attorney from our Cocoa office can take on your legal responsibilities, giving you more time to recover from the accident.