You may want to consider hiring a lawyer for your bicycle accident needs, especially if:
- The insurance company is refusing to give you a fair settlement.
- You do not understand your legal rights and financial recovery options.
- You have concerns about fault.
- You are unsure about how to interpret Florida’s statute of limitations, outlined by Florida Statutes §95.11.
Reasons to Hire a Bicycle Accident Lawyer
While recovering from your injuries, it can be challenging to navigate the legal process on your own. Hiring a lawyer from our firm can be beneficial because we can handle each step in the process for you. We are also prepared to deal with any complications that can arise, like those outlined above. The following sections further explore how an attorney from our firm can assist you.
When the Insurance Company Offers You a Low Settlement
You are not obligated to accept an unfair settlement offer. If you believe that your injuries and other damages entitle you to more money, you can continue negotiating. Yet, doing this on your own can be burdensome and time-consuming, especially if you have medical bills piling up or your injuries keep you from working.
A lawyer on our team can take over negotiations with the insurer on your behalf. Our services include:
- Proving negligence
- Presenting evidence to prove your allegations
- Citing the liability insurance policy
- Establishing the cost of your damages
We can also file a lawsuit if these measures do not pan out. Sometimes, after we file a lawsuit, the insurance company agrees to our terms and resolves the dispute.
If You Do Not Understand Your Legal Options
In the aftermath of a bicycle accident, you generally have two options when it comes to recouping your damages: you could file an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. Both of these measures come with different obligations. Filing an insurance claim involves:
- Understanding insurance jargon
- Communicating with representatives while protecting your rights
- Knowing what you are entitled to
Meanwhile, filing a lawsuit requires:
- Understanding courtroom protocol
- Knowing how to present your case
- Navigating the laws that apply to your situation
Missteps in either of these approaches can risk your right to financial recovery. A lawyer from our firm can tackle these obligations for you. Your focus right now should be on your health—not on learning personal injury law.
If You Have Concerns about Fault
Florida’s pure comparative negligence system allows you to recover compensation regardless of how much fault you hold for the accident, per Florida Statutes §768.81.
In theory, you could be 99% at fault for the accident and still be eligible to recoup your damages. However, your percentage of fault will deduct from your settlement award.
Our team can make sure that any percentage of fault you receive for the accident is accurate. We want you to recover the compensation for which you qualify—and nothing less.
Managing the Statute of Limitations
You generally have two years to file your lawsuit in Florida, so make sure that you take prompt legal action to protect your rights. If you miss this deadline, you could lose out on the compensation you need to recover from your losses. However, Florida Statutes §95.051 says that the following scenarios could extend the initial two-year window:
- The negligent party left the state.
- The negligent party gave a fake name or otherwise tried to conceal their identity.
- You did not discover your injuries until after the accident happened.
- You were injured as someone under the age of 18.
Even if you think that too much time has passed since now and your accident, you still have legal rights. Our team can analyze your case and determine how the statute of limitations applies, so you won’t miss out on compensation if there is still time to file.
To consult with an experienced bicycle accident lawyer today, call 855-780-9986
Other Things to Consider While Weighing Your Options
Even if the above reasons do not apply to your situation, you may still want to consider hiring legal representation. Here are some other factors that may compel you to work with a lawyer from our firm:
- You do not have access to information that could serve as evidence.
- The liable insurance company is employing “bad faith insurance practices” that are halting the progression of your case.
- Your claim has been denied.
- You want to avoid the stress and time commitment of seeing your bicycle accident case through yourself.
Personal injury lawyers have an unfair reputation of being too expensive to hire. Yet, this is not the case with our practice. At our firm, we think that upfront payments and hourly rates should be the last thing on your mind. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning we do not charge until your case is over, and we only seek our attorney’s fee if we win your case. Our team gets paid from the money we secure for you.
Contact Bogin, Munns & Munns for a Free Case Review
Still wondering whether you need a lawyer for your bicycle accident? You can direct your questions and concerns to the team at Bogin, Munns & Munns. We can discuss your options for free and start laying the groundwork for your case.
You can ask us about our previous successes, our years of experience, and how we have won settlements in the past. Start exploring your case’s prospects by calling (407) 578-9696.