“Should I hire a real estate attorney for a residential real estate purchase or sale transaction?”
I get asked this question often and I always answer with an emphatic “YES”! From stem to stern, a real estate attorney can help you navigate legal issues in a real estate transaction that you may not have contemplated at the outset. Here are a few basic advantages of having an attorney assist you in your real estate deal:
- Real estate transactions are often stressful and an attorney can alleviate much of that stress. Collectively, the attorneys at our law firm have hundreds of years of experience in these matters. There isn’t much that we haven’t seen. With that experience, we can effectively guide you through any transaction.
- It is helpful to have an attorney negotiate and prepare a contract on your behalf. If you have entered into a contract without the assistance and guidance of an attorney, it is a good idea to have an attorney review that contract to ensure it is legally enforceable as well as to advise you on your rights and obligations thereunder.
- From a buyer’s perspective, one of the most important functions of a real estate attorney is to review the title to the property and make sure that you get the title insurance policy that you should get at closing. From a seller’s perspective, a real estate attorney is helpful in analyzing and addressing any title objections a buyer may have.
- A real estate attorney can assist in the review of a survey.
- A real estate attorney can assist in the review of various inspection reports and estoppels.
- A real estate attorney can assist in the preparation and review of closing documents to make sure you are signing the right documents that are consistent with the agreed-upon deal.
While attorneys often bill on an hourly basis, for residential real estate transactions, Bogin, Munns & Munns has created flat fees for all of the above-described tasks so that clients can accurately budget their costs. Give us a call to see if we can be of assistance in your real estate transaction.
– Spencer R. Munns is a shareholder at the firm of Bogin, Munns & Munns, where he practices in the areas of Commercial Real Estate Transactions and Leasing, Real Estate Development and Finance, and Title Claims Resolution. For more information on these and related real estate matters, call Mr. Munns at 407.578.9696 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
To consult with an experienced real estate lawyer today, call 855-780-9986
NOTICE: The article above is not intended to serve as legal advice, and you should not rely on it as such. It is offered only as general information. You should consult with a duly licensed attorney regarding your Florida legal matter, as every situation is unique. Please know that merely reading this article, subscribing to this blog, or otherwise contacting Bogin, Munns & Munns does not establish an attorney-client relationship with our firm. Should you seek legal representation from Bogin, Munns & Munns, any such representation must first be agreed to by the firm and confirmed in a written agreement.