(So I made a mistake last week. I pointed out that there would be one more article in this mini-series. Incorrect. There will be three.)
Last week I discussed a real estate-related interview I did with my friend and colleague John VanDuzer, CPA of the James Moore & Co. accounting firm. Read that article Lights, Camera… Real Estate! And our recorded conversation.
This past Thursday I presented at the United Way of North Central Florida’s “Small Business Summit.” My topic? “Scary? Not Scary. The value-added benefits of proactive risk management to small businesses.” Information about the event.
The following are the major topics I discussed:
- Risk and why business entrepreneurs and operations managers should care about it
- Operational risk management and the outcome to business as a result of engaging in it
- Proactive risk management and its six sequential steps
- Risk-shifting – insurance, contractual, and operational
All that in just 40 minutes, including discussions with the attendees. (Want more information? Contact me and I will speak before your group, as well.)
Here for you at ‘no-charge’, is the handout given to the attendees (as a Word doc or a PDF). I hope it is helpful to you and your businesses.
Next week the recording of my conversation with John VanDuzer, CPA regarding business matters will be released. ‘Til then…
Click the link for information about Bogin, Munns & Munns’ own response to Coronavirus readiness.
To learn about Bogin, Munns & Munns’ scholarship programs visit Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (“FASD”) Scholarship and Focus On The Family Scholarship.
To consult with an experienced business law lawyer today, call 855-780-9986
– For more information, call Philip N. Kabler of the Gainesville, FL office of Bogin, Munns & Munns at 352.332.7688, where he practices in the areas of business, banking, real estate, and equine law. He has taught business and real estate law courses at the University of Florida Warrington College of Business Administration and Levin College of Law and is the President-Elect of the Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association.
NOTICE: The article above is not intended to serve as legal advice, and you should not rely on it as such. It is offered only as general information. You should consult with a duly licensed attorney regarding your Florida legal matter, as every situation is unique. Please know that merely reading this article, subscribing to this blog, or otherwise contacting Bogin, Munns & Munns does not establish an attorney-client relationship with our firm. Should you seek legal representation from Bogin, Munns & Munns, any such representation must first be agreed to by the firm and confirmed in a written agreement.
Call or text 855-780-9986 or complete our Request a Consultation form