Avoiding Florida Auto Accidents - Safety Tips
- Use caution when proceeding through intersections, look to the left, then right, then left again.
- When stopping at a traffic light and the light changes to green, use the “5 second rule” and wait 5 seconds before proceeding.
- Leave a safe distance between your car and others. A general rule is for every 10 miles per hour of speed, leave at least one car length space between your vehicle and the vehicle ahead.
- Maintain a constant speed. Don’t continually slow down or speed up.
- Don’t encourage or participate in aggressive driving.
- Properly maintain your vehicle, including checking the tire pressure and tire condition. Adjust the seats and mirrors.
- Be aware of road conditions and reduce your speed below the speed limit if the road conditions warrant doing so.
- Keep your lights on at dusk and dawn and during the rain.
- DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!
- Look, as far ahead as possible while driving, this will give you the maximum amount of time to react. Keep your eyes moving; do not fix your eyes on only one spot.
”DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!
- Pull over when using your cell phone, picking up items from the floor, checking maps, changing music, eating or engaging in personal grooming.
- Make certain your children are properly restrained in the back seat so they will not be a distraction.
- Avoid being late which will increase the chance of careless driving.
– Alida Darias is an experienced personal injury attorney with Bogin, Munns, & Munns, a full service law firm with offices in Orlando, Clermont, Kissimmee, Daytona Beach, Ocala, Melbourne, Gainesville, and Leesburg, Florida. Ms. Darias works out of the Ocala office and welcomes questions and comments regarding the above and can be reached at [email protected].
NOTICE: The article above is not intended to serve as legal advice, and you should not rely on it as such. It is offered only as general information. You should consult with a duly licensed attorney regarding your Florida legal matter, as every situation is unique. Please know that merely reading this article, subscribing to this blog, or otherwise contacting Bogin, Munns & Munns does not establish an attorney-client relationship with our firm. Should you seek legal representation from Bogin, Munns & Munns, any such representation must first be agreed to by the firm and confirmed in a written agreement.