If a dangerous or defective product caused you harm in Gainesville, FL, we can help you seek compensation. Our product liability lawyers will scour for compelling evidence to show that the product’s manufacturer should be held liable for your losses.
You can call us any time – day or night – for a free case review. We will help you determine if you have a case and how much you may be able to seek.
You Have a Limited Time to File a Lawsuit in Florida
According to Florida Statutes §95.11, you have only four years to begin the process of filing a lawsuit. However, in product liability lawsuits, this deadline could change based on when you discovered your injury or illness.
Keep in mind that the sooner you start your case, the sooner we can begin protecting your legal rights.
We will Seek the Full Value of Your Losses
An injury or illness stemming from a defective product could leave you with anything from minor to debilitating injuries. Depending on the details of your case, you may be eligible to pursue several forms of recoverable losses, which are also referred to as “damages.” These losses may be either purely financial or non-financial in nature.
We can explain if you may be able to recover:
- Medical costs, including emergency room visits, surgeries, visits to a doctor, specialist visits, physical therapists, medications, and more
- Lost wages, which reflect your lost paychecks from missed days at work
- Future reduced earning capacity, comprising income you are unable to earn in the future due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering, which reflect the degree of your physical pain and other hardships
Frequently Asked Questions in Product Liability Cases
You may have many questions about your options and how to proceed with a product liability case.
The following include some of the most common questions we get from clients in these cases, but we can tell you much more during a free case review with our team.
How do You Know If You Have a Case Against a Faulty Product’s Maker?
In the case of product liability, you may have a case if you can show that a defective or hazardous product is directly responsible for your injuries—as well as resulting medical bills, lost income, and more.
You may not have a case if you already had your injury prior to your use of the product, however. We will use your medical records and even doctors’ testimony to show that your injuries arose after your use of a product.
How do You Prove Liability for a Defective Product?
All viable product liability cases require that we demonstrate these elements:
- You experienced injuries or losses.
- The manufacturer produced a defective item.
- Your injury was caused by the defective product, even though you were using it as designed and did not alter it in any way.
There are many ways that we could show that a product was defective. For instance, you may have been harmed because the product:
- Was incorrectly labeled
- Was manufactured incorrectly or failed to warn users of its dangers
- Was inherently dangerous by design
Should You Work with a Product Liability Lawyer?
You may be wondering if it’s worth working with our firm on your case. While no law states that you must work with a lawyer, you may decide that legal representation would benefit your situation because you don’t want to:
- Have to worry about gathering appropriate evidence
- Have to speak with insurance adjusters and representatives of major companies
- Have to learn product liability law
Keep in mind that product liability cases can be especially complicated. We can handle the details of your case so that you can move on with your life.
Bogin, Munns & Munns can Help You Build a Strong Case
We can take care of the necessary elements of a product liability case on your behalf, including:
- Determining what your case could be worth
- Investigating and organizing necessary evidence
- Communicating with all third parties and negotiating a settlement
- Taking your case to court if necessary
- Advising you on settlement offers and important developments in your case
You don’t have to guess about the potential merits of your case or accept the very first offer an insurance company makes. We will help you understand all available compensation and seek evidence to back up our demand amount.
You can Afford a Lawyer
One of the reasons why people may not seek legal help is because they aren’t sure if they can afford lawyers. Our product liability lawyers represent injured people in Gainesville, FL, based on contingency, meaning that:
- You owe us no initial fees to get started.
- We only receive payment for our services if we win your case.
Why Bogin, Munns and Munns?
For decades, we have represented injured victims in Central Florida. We want to bring our experience to bear for your case, too.
You may want to consider working with our team because:
- You can call us anytime, 24/7, for a free case review.
- We have a track record of million-dollar settlements for our clients.
- Our Martindale-Hubbell rating is a sign of our attorneys’ high ethical standards.
Types of Product Liability Cases We can Help You with
USA.gov says that these are some of the most commonly recalled products:
- Car seats or baby strollers
- Pharmaceutical medications
- Brakes or other car parts
- Sports equipment
- And more
Steps to Take If You were Harmed by a Product
We can take over the legal details of your case as soon as you are ready to work with our team. However, in the meantime, consider the following:
- Seek medical care if you haven’t done so already.
- Follow up on any important treatments recommended by your doctors.
- Avoid speaking about your injuries in detail with an insurance company.
- If an insurer is making you an early offer, keep in mind that it may be a low one.
- Speak with someone from our team for a free case review.
When you seek out a free case review, we can also help you evaluate any early settlement offers that may be coming in, so you don’t leave money on the table.
Call Us Today for a Free Case Review
You don’t have to be alone in your case any longer. Our product liability lawyers serving Gainesville, FL, can help you begin seeking the compensation you need to recover.
Call someone from our team today to learn about your options.
Call or text 855-780-9986 or submit our Consultation Request form today