If you or a family member was injured in a golf cart accident, you may receive compensation for medical costs, damage to your golf cart, and pain and suffering.
A golf cart accident attorney in Viera, FL from Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you seek the awards you deserve for no upfront or out-of-pocket fees.
Why Golf Cart Accidents Happen in Viera
Golf cart accidents may occur if:
- The golf cart owner permits an inexperienced minor to drive.
- A golf cart malfunctions because of a defect.
- The golf cart driver is intoxicated.
- The golf cart driver is reckless.
- The golf cart driver does not know the rules of the road.
- An animal crosses a golf cart’s path.
- Another driver causes a golf cart accident.
There are many other causes of golf cart accidents. The cause of your golf cart accident may dictate liability. Liability may dictate who covers your damages.
Golf Cart Owners Are Generally Liable for a Driver’s Negligence
Florida does not require insurance for golf carts, per the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). Drivers as young as 14 can operate a golf cart. You can generally drive a golf cart on roads with speed limits of 30 mph or less. These conditions present many risks, so cart owners must exercise caution when allowing others to drive their golf cart.
Florida’s Supreme Court classifies golf carts as dangerous instruments, meaning:
- Owners must know that their golf cart is a dangerous instrument.
- Owners are responsible for those who drive the golf cart.
- Owners are generally liable for the negligence of those who drive their golf cart.
Some golf cart owners protect themselves from liability. Golf course owners, cart rental businesses, and others may waive liability through contracts. In such cases, the cart owner may not be liable for a victim’s damages.
Other parties who may be liable for your losses include:
- The original manufacturer of a defective golf cart
- The reseller of a dangerous used golf cart
- The driver of a golf cart
Negligence may be the liability standard for one or more defendants in your case.
When Does Negligence Make Someone Liable for a Golf Cart Accident?
A golf cart owner may be liable for your losses regardless of their own actions. Still, we may need to prove the negligence of other defendants in your case. Examples of negligence causing a golf cart accident include:
- A golf cart operator driving dangerously
- A golf cart manufacturer failing to identify defects
- A salesperson selling you a dangerous golf cart
- A motorist, pedestrian, scooter operator, or other party causing a golf cart accident
We may prove negligence by showing that:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care.
- The defendant violated their duty of care
- The violation of duty caused your golf cart accident.
- Damages resulted from your golf cart accident.
Bogin, Munns & Munns will provide a golf cart accident attorney for your case. We serve victims throughout Florida, including those in Viera, FL. We know Brevard County’s civil legal system, and we can finish your case.
To consult with an experienced golf cart accident lawyer serving Viera, call 855-780-9986
Why Choose Bogin, Munns & Munns After Your Golf Cart Accident?
Our team will handle every feature of your golf car accident case. We represent victims of:
- Golf cart-motor vehicle collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Golf cart-related drunk driving accidents
- Golf cart-pedestrian accidents
- Golf cart-golf cart collisions
- Single golf cart accidents
- All other golf cart accident types
Over the past 40 years, we have provided respect, dignity, and fairness to our clients. Our team will fight for your full financial recovery on your behalf.
Viera Golf Cart Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-780-9986
How We Fight for Golf Cart Accident Victims
Our firm will do everything we must to complete your case. The Bogin, Munns & Munns team can:
Help You Find Medical Treatment
We can help you find medical care after your accident. You need a physician to review your injuries if they have not already. Documenting your injuries and care will be essential to your case.
Identify Liable Parties
We will identify all liable parties. Our team will explain why those parties are liable and how much they owe you.
Investigate Your Golf Cart Accident
We will investigate your accident, seeking:
- Evidence to use during negotiations
- Facts that help us determine liability
- Witness accounts
- Any other useful evidence or information
Certain evidence, such as photos or video footage, may help us reconstruct your accident.
Identify All Recoverable Damages
Recoverable damages from your accident may include:
- Golf cart repairs
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Lost income
- Lost earning power
- Damaged personal property
- Mental anguish
We will identify and value all of your damages. The cost of your damages will guide our settlement negotiations.
Negotiate for Fair Compensation
We will negotiate with multiple parties, depending on how many defendants owe you compensation. We can speak with insurance companies, attorneys, and defendants. By handling negotiations, we protect you from a potentially contentious process. You can rely on our attorneys to stick to the settlement figure that you deserve.
Protect Your Rights
Defendants in your case may not want to pay. To avoid paying, they may employ various tactics. As such, their goal is to have you admit fault for your own damages.
Our team will protect you from these attempts. By dealing with these parties, we will insulate you and your rights. The only thing you should worry about is getting better.
Click to contact our Viera Golf Cart Accident Lawyers today
Call Bogin, Munns & Munns to Seek Compensation for Your Golf Cart Accident
Hiring a golf accident attorney from Bogin, Munns & Munns may be the first step towards justice. We will serve your legal needs while you recover in Viera. Get in touch with Bogin, Munns & Munns today at 855-686-6752 to discuss how we can help you. Your first call will be free of charge.