Many people in Orlando use golf carts as a way to navigate their communities or for recreational activities. Even though most golf carts travel at speeds below 20 mph, an accident in one of these vehicles can still cause serious, life-changing injuries.
If another party’s negligence caused your golf cart accident, an Orlando golf cart accident lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns may be able to help you recover compensation for your damages in a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Compensation may be available for accident-related damages such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
To discuss your golf cart accident case and your legal options for free with one of our team members, call Bogin, Munns & Munns today at
Golf Cart Accident Injuries
Even at low speeds, golf cart accidents can cause serious injuries. This may be partially because some of these vehicles do not have safety features found on other automobiles such as airbags, doors, or a protective frame.
According to a study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 47.7% of golf cart accident injuries that require emergency room treatment in the U.S. relate to soft tissue damages.
In addition, golf cart accident victims may suffer:
- Broken hip
- Broken or fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
If you sustained injuries in a golf cart accident, we recommend seeing a doctor for an immediate evaluation. Some symptoms could be subtle or delayed, and even minor injuries may require treatment to heal correctly.
In addition, seeing a doctor soon after your accident can create evidence in your medical record that your injuries came from the golf cart accident, and not some other cause.
Wrongful Death Cases
Some golf cart accidents can also be fatal. If your loved one lost their life in a golf cart accident in Orlando, Bogin, Munns & Munns may be able to help you hold the liable party accountable in a wrongful death case. Per Florida Statutes § 768.21, this may allow you to recover funeral and burial costs, loss of support and services, and more.
To consult with an experienced golf cart accident lawyer serving Orlando, call 855-686-6752
Liability for a Golf Cart Accident
Depending on the circumstances of the case, there could be many different liable parties for a golf cart accident. They may include:
- Another road user, if your golf cart was in an accident on the road caused by a car, truck, or another golf cart.
- The agency responsible for maintaining the golf cart, if you are renting or using a golf cart that belongs to a golf course or a private entity.
- A municipality or private entity, if your golf cart accident was due to some hazard left on a road or golf cart path.
- A golf cart mechanic, if the golf cart you own crashed due to a mechanical failure in a system the mechanic was responsible for maintaining.
- A product manufacturer, if a golf cart component or the golf cart itself, had a defect that caused an accident.
In some cases, the Florida motor vehicle laws governing golf cart use may be vital in establishing liability in your case.
An Orlando golf cart accident lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns can investigate your accident and determine which party may be liable for your injuries. We can then collect evidence to demonstrate that liability to an insurance company or a judge.
If you believe another party’s negligence caused your golf car accident, call Bogin, Munns & Munns today at
Orlando Golf Cart Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Working With Bogin, Munns & Munns on Your Case
When you hire an Orlando golf cart accident lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns to represent you, our team will take over all legal work in your case so you can focus on your recovery.
Our services include:
- Helping you understand your options, the applicable laws, and designing a strategy for your case
- Communicating with all parties on your behalf
- Investigating your accident and identifying the liable party
- Building an evidence-backed case against the liable party
- Calculating the value of your damages
- Demanding a fair settlement offer from the responsible party’s insurance company
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
Bogin, Munns & Munns will be available to answer your questions, give you updates on your case, and provide legal advice throughout this process.
Recoverable Damages in a Golf Cart Accident
Depending on the circumstances of your golf cart accident and injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Post-accident emergency medical treatment
- Your current and future medical costs
- Lost wages or reduced earning capability
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic damages
Complete a Request a Consultation form now
The Statute of Limitations on Your Case
Florida Statutes § 95.11 imposes a general four-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits and a general two-year statute of limitations on wrongful death lawsuits. These deadlines are important, because after they pass, you may be unable to recover compensation via a lawsuit. Certain circumstances, such as a lawsuit against a municipality or government agency, can alter the deadlines in your case.
Although plaintiffs and insurance companies resolve many cases during settlement negotiations, it is important to retain your right to sue if the insurance company refuses to make you a fair offer. Bogin, Munns & Munns can conduct your case within the appropriate time frames. Call us today for information on what specific deadlines pertain to your case.
Call Bogin, Munns & Munns Today
You do not need to face the aftermath of a golf cart accident on your own. An Orlando golf cart accident lawyer from Bogin, Munns & Munns can handle all legal work in your case while you dedicate your time and energy to healing from your injuries.
We handle golf cart accident cases on a contingency-fee basis, and our clients do not pay attorney fees unless they recover compensation in a settlement offer or court award.
For a free case review with a representative of our firm, call Bogin, Munns & Munns today at