If you or a loved one was involved in a DUI accident in Clermont, Florida, you might want to consider getting legal representation as soon as possible. A criminal defense attorney in Clermont from Bogin, Munns & Munns can help you fight for your rights and compensation from the liable driver.
We may be able to get you compensation in one of two ways: by negotiating a pretrial settlement or by taking the case to court and seeking a jury award. Either way, you can use that money to pay for your medical care, make up for lost income, and more.
A DUI Accident Attorney with Our Firm Can Handle Your Clermont Case
At Bogin, Munns & Munns, we help our clients by taking full responsibility for all aspects of their cases from beginning to end, including:
- Conducting an independent investigation: We can look at visual footage of the accident, visit the scene, or request important documents like police or toxicology reports.
- Finding witnesses: If anyone saw the crash, we can find them and ask them to write a statement and/or testify in court on your behalf.
- Handling administrative tasks: We will notify the liable party about the case and submit all necessary paperwork to the insurance company or court.
- Handling all communications: If you try to talk with the insurance company on your own, they may find a way to deny you compensation, so let us do the talking.
- Negotiating for a settlement: We can calculate the exact worth of your case and pressure the insurance company to pay an appropriate amount.
We strive to make each client’s experience as smooth and stress-free as possible by:
- Keeping you involved: Because this is your case, we can make sure that you always have the information you need to make intelligent legal decisions.
- Providing updates: We call clients whenever there is a big change or development in their case.
- Being available to you: If you have a question or something new happened that may affect the case, all you have to do is call us, and we can answer your question in a timely fashion.
With us on the job, we can fight for your rights while you focus on what really matters: recovering from your injuries in the company of friends and family.
To consult with an experienced dui accident lawyer serving Clermont, call 855-686-6752
Getting Compensation After a DUI Accident
If someone else’s reckless, criminal behavior caused your injuries, you typically have four years to file a lawsuit against them, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
Those who begin their lawsuits within the required four years could qualify for economic damages, non-economic damages, or both. Economic damages include any and all financial losses caused by the accident, such as:
- Medical expenses: You had to go to the hospital after the accident, or you required outpatient care like medication, assistive devices, and so on.
- Repair costs: The accident damaged or even destroyed your vehicle, so perhaps you also had to pay for alternate modes of transportation while your car was being fixed.
- Lost earning capacity: The injuries prevent you from working as many hours as you used to or from seeking higher-paying employment.
- Lost income or benefits: You took time off from work to allow the injuries to heal. (This damage is a temporary loss of income, whereas lost earning capacity reflects a long-term or permanent loss.)
Non-economic damages reimburse accident victims for the physical and emotional consequences they suffered due to the accident. These losses may include:
- Pain and suffering: You could qualify for this award based on the pain from a concussion or a trauma-related mental illness.
- Disability: You may be eligible for this award if your injury led to any type of temporary or permanent disability, including both physical and intellectual disabilities.
- Disfigurement: Some injuries never heal completely and leave you with scars that affect your physical appearance or abilities.
- Impaired quality of life: The combined effects of your physical and emotional injuries prevent you from living the way you used to. For example, you now require assistance to perform everyday tasks such as bathing or dressing.
If Your Loved One Succumbed to Their Injuries
What if you lost a loved one in a DUI accident? You may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit and collect compensation for:
- Your loved one’s economic and non-economic damages: If the deceased never filed a lawsuit on their own behalf, then you can seek those damages now.
- Funeral expenses: You can request whatever money you spent to lay your loved one to rest or settle their estate.
- Loss of financial support: If you depended on the deceased’s income to make ends meet, we can calculate how much they would have earned over their working life and seek that amount in compensation.
- Loss of companionship: The deceased was valuable in their own right, providing you with advice and affection that you could get from no one else.
The team at Bogin, Munns & Munns is sorry for your loss. We would like to help you fight for compensation in any way we can.
Clermont DUI Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-686-6752
Getting Justice and Damages After a DUI Accident
As stated at Florida Statutes § 316.193(2)(b)1-3, causing property damage, personal injury, or death while under the influence are more serious crimes than is driving under the influence by itself. The more serious the damage inflicted, the more serious the possible penalties. Although the other driver’s criminal punishment doesn’t compensate you for your damages, a guilty verdict may be used as evidence to bolster your case.
Bogin, Munns & Munns understands that you are going through a difficult time right now, whether you yourself suffered an injury or you lost a loved one in a preventable DUI accident. We can help you file a lawsuit that holds the drunk driver responsible for their recklessness and gets you the compensation that you and your family need.
Click to contact our Clermont DUI Accident Attorney today
Call Bogin, Munns & Munns for a Free Consultation
Any time you are ready to begin, call Bogin, Munns & Munns at 352-243-8981 for a free consultation.
A DUI accident attorney from our office can represent you in negotiations with the insurance company or in the courtroom. Either way, we want to do everything possible to ensure that you get fair compensation for your Clermont, Florida accident.