The future is uncertain more so than ever. Estate Planning is one way for an individual to take charge of his/her future by documenting financial assets and health care choices while they are able. Estate planning is not only for the elderly or the wealthy, it is for anyone who wishes to make his choices legally effective. Our experienced attorneys are proficient in the legalities of wills, trusts and probate.
Can you answer the following questions with absolute certainty?
- Who will make your health care decisions if you are unable to make them?
- Who will sign legal documents for you if you are ill, incompetent or unable?
- Will your doctors follow your wishes regarding end of life care?
- Who will be granted custody of your minor children?
- Who will receive your assets when you die?
Estate Planning is one way to remove any uncertainty to your answers. Through a series of documents, you will ensure that your wishes are memorialized in a legally sufficient and binding way.
1. Last Will and Testament – memorializes your decision regarding how your assets will be distributed at your death
2. Durable Power of Attorney – authorizes designated person to execute legal documents on your behalf if you are unable
3. Living Will – memorializes your decisions regarding end of life medical care
4. Designation of Health Care Surrogate – authorizes designated person to make health care decisions for you if you are unable
5. Declaration of Pre-Need Guardian – memorializes your choices for guardianship of you, your assets and your children
6. Medical Records Privacy Waiver – authorizes medical personnel to release information regarding your health to designated person
Some individuals require additional documents to address their particular concerns or needs. For them, one of several various types of trusts may be advantageous. Other individuals have needs to address tax concerns, probate avoidance or more. Our attorneys are able to assist you by analyzing your situation, addressing your concerns, and creating the best documents for you.
Bogin, Munns & Munns, P.A. is a Central Florida law firm that provides a wide spectrum of commercial law services including estate planning. Too many people wait until it is too late likely resulting in more stress and more costs. Don’t wait until a tragedy strikes before you start addressing these issues – whether for yourself or for your family members.
Call our corporate attorneys at our main Orlando office at 407.578.1334, or contact a representative in one of other offices nearest you: Clermont, Daytona, Orange City, Gainesville, Kissimmee, Leesburg, Melbourne, Ocala or The Villages.